Re: Interesting article out of Louisville

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:10 pm

MuskyDore wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:20 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:04 pm
MuskyDore wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:22 pm

Football does NOT rule at UL. Not even close.

Louisville basketball is BY FAR the biggest revenue and profit generator in ALL OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL.

They are the only basketball program that ranks in the top-25 of revenue/profit for all sports programs, which is a list of 24 football programs and Louisville basketball.
Lousiville hasn't been a top 100 program in football in the last 25 years. They also have the nefarious Bobby Petrino as coach. They'd hire the devil himself if he could help them improve their lacrosse program.
Huh? Reading comprehension not your strong suit?

Name the 100 other programs with

Fiesta, Sugar, and Orange bowl wins, a separate top-10 finish without a "BCS" bid, a consistent top-25 ranking as well as a Heisman winner over that span... interested to see all 100.
Sorry if I don't follow your lead by the nose Loui-Dore Pitino. Admittedly, I only scanned your post because you make the most zealous UK fan look as objective as Ghandi. For the record, all you need is a clean bowling shirt to get into a bowl game. Once Sweeney rejuvenated Clemson's program, being the only great team in the league, with the rest ranging from lousy to sporadically decent, Louisville has reverted back to their mediocre selves. Boy, for an XU alum, you certainly have a very good command of Lousiville sports. BTW, Any idea how many $3,000 checks Pitino has written?

Can you comprehend that, or are still busy writing hate mail to the FBI?

Edit: Forgot FSU is in that pseudo-football league. They have been a top 20 program, last year notwithstanding. They are a low-mid major league compared to the SEC though. Take away Clemson and FSU, and they are comparable to the AAC of basketball without WSU and UC, though neither are great programs.
MuskyDore

Postby MuskyDore » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:10 pm
MuskyDore wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:20 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:04 pm

Lousiville hasn't been a top 100 program in football in the last 25 years. They also have the nefarious Bobby Petrino as coach. They'd hire the devil himself if he could help them improve their lacrosse program.
Huh? Reading comprehension not your strong suit?

Name the 100 other programs with

Fiesta, Sugar, and Orange bowl wins, a separate top-10 finish without a "BCS" bid, a consistent top-25 ranking as well as a Heisman winner over that span... interested to see all 100.
Sorry if I don't follow your lead by the nose Loui-Dore Pitino. Admittedly, I only scanned your post because you make the most zealous UK fan look as objective as Ghandi. For the record, all you need is a clean bowling shirt to get into a bowl game. Once Sweeney rejuvenated Clemson's program, being the only great team in the league, with the rest ranging from lousy to sporadically decent, Louisville has reverted back to their mediocre selves. Boy, for an XU alum, you certainly have a very good command of Lousiville sports. BTW, Any idea how many $3,000 checks Pitino has written?

Can you comprehend that, or are still busy writing hate mail to the FBI?

Edit: Forgot FSU is in that pseudo-football league. They have been a top 20 program, last year notwithstanding. They are a low-mid major league compared to the SEC though. Take away Clemson and FSU, and they are comparable to the AAC of basketball without WSU and UC, though neither are great programs.
I lived in Louisville for 8 years. Came to appreciate their athletics and fans. Reasonable people, who while they do have a chip on their shoulder, are for the most part knowledgeable and respectful of others.

I like Louisville football. It reminds me of Xavier basketball. Not a "big boy" program, but fields competitive enough teams to compete with them every few years.

The ACC a "low mid major" in football? Haha. Ok. Who are the high major conferences? Just the SEC and SEC only? 2 of the last 5 nattys and some other solid teams. Louisville being one of them. I hate the SEC. I went to an SEC school (albeit the doormat). It's good football, but people need to realize they're not the only game in town.

Your bowling argument is silly. Yes, you can get into a lousy bowl with a 6-6 record, but not everyone can win the Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl (over SEC Florida) and Fiesta Bowl (over SEC Alabama).
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:18 pm

Muskie Dorr-I find it interesting how you join a xavier board 3 says ago to laud about how great Louisville program is. I assume you are likely either kicked off of your Louisville boards or can’t handle people thinking Louisville is not elite. If you want to argue I am certain that the UK boards have had their fill with you. I know you bcm pitino and feel he may be innocent- good for you. All fans Around the country currently loon at Louisville as the major scandalous program in NCAA. They have deep pockets. Believe me, players and hookers are aware of these deep pockets. It’s these same deep pockets that can lure coaches like Chris Mack. At the end of the day, If and when Louisville wins a NC, makes a FF I hope it is legit. Unfortunately the entire college basketball world will doubt it. Just read an article last night where they said Louisville is now known for hookers and agents. You should get on those boards and defend your team. Arizona and Sean Miller were the poster child for cheating a month ago until it was discovered to that it was actually Louisville on the other line. Louisville will bonnce back. They are a state university with a lot of money. But fair or unfair, their past present and maybe future is as bad or worse than the worse years at UNLV. Sorry but just the facts.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”