Add Loyola of Chicago to BE ?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Xavier2005

Re: Add Loyola of Chicago to BE ?

Postby Xavier2005 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:53 am

Funny YOU should mention above that YOU are cutting back to just Big East games only...versus season tickets at DePaul. I have had season tickets with Xavier since 1978....38 out of 40 years. The last few years I have hated going to the home non conference games at Xavier because most of those games are against very weak schools that cannot compete with Xavier and are booked to get easy wins and pad the season win record..and I know most schools do this. I am also thinking no more season tickets and just buying Big East games only at Xavier and or only buying those games against good competitive teams/schools.
SC in DC

Postby SC in DC » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:18 pm

What was the school that we were fighting with for Sean's services? Wasn't it LoC?
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Yes, it was Loyola of Chicago. I think he's from that area? I wonder if he knows any of those guys.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:37 pm

ChitownSteve wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:30 am
mumuskie87 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:42 pm
joetitan wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:35 am
Jokes aside, Loyola does reinforce what can happen with a true commitment from the school toward basketball. After years of bottom feeding in low level conferences, Loyola spent $$$ to rejuvenate their facilities --which still are nothing to brag about- and join a better conference. Sprinkle in a good coach and the program can be a shining star.
Maybe a little "peer pressure" will help spur DePaul to step it up.
Don't think the BE needs to expand.
The existing schools just need to do better in the tournament.
Wonderful person, sincere ... however, frankly she does not want the Men's team to succeed and overshadow the Women's Team's accomplishments. Either that, or she is the most inept AD in the country. She is too smart for that title, so I submit the former explanation.
Steve - I would say that if she really doesn't want the Men'd team to succeed and overshadow the Women's Team's accomplishments, then she really is inept. I believe there are some chimpanzee's here at the Cincy Zoo that understand that Men's programs generate the revenue for schools.
And men's basketball is the biggest revenue generator for non-football schools like most of the BE schools. Title 9 might level the participation but it doesn't level the revenue stream.
That's too bad for DePaul and the Big East.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”