Sean Miller

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Larry Sykes

Sean Miller

Postby Larry Sykes » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:50 pm

So I’ve seen Sean Miller’s name SEVERAL times on this board as a possible replacement for Mack. Is this just delusional fanboy talk or are there legit rumors that he would be willing to come back? Remember, he left for the money and because AZ is a traditional power... what has changed? AZ really rallied to his defense amid the wiretap controversy. I don’t see/buy it.
yellow20xd

Re: Sean Miller

Postby yellow20xd » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:01 pm

Just posters that have been imbibing just a little too much since the CM rumor to Louisville... Dan
“Wins go on the mantle. Loses go in your soul."
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:50 pm

There are a lot of rumors out there. Two of which include Matta and Miller interested in coming back to X if becomes available. Matta rumor seems to have much more legs from an administrative standpoint. Personally, he left Butler after one year and X after three. Absolutely no interest. As much as I would like Miller, my understanding is that X admin would not take him back-particularly because of the massive cloud above. For my money, he was the best coach X has ever had. All the coaches have taken the team to the next level but felt Miller had the toughest road. Other rumored coaches are Pat Kelsey-no thanks. He absolutely screwed UMass and was already interviewing for new jobs within a year of being at Winthrop. IMO he would always be looking. Then Travis Steele. Since Miller likely is not an option, i am really hoping for him. He seems to be involved with many past and current players and recruits and has been around two of the most successful coaches at X (Matta and Mack). I obviously would prefer Mack stays but don't see it so my vote is with Steele. I'm sure there are others but those are the rumors that i have heard. I know very early in the process. X liked Dan Hurley but he was never interested. I'm hoping that the fact that Steele turned down Evansville and Mid Tenn St indicates that he will be at X next year in some capacity
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:09 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:50 pm
There are a lot of rumors out there. Two of which include Matta and Miller interested in coming back to X if becomes available. Matta rumor seems to have much more legs from an administrative standpoint. Personally, he left Butler after one year and X after three. Absolutely no interest. As much as I would like Miller, my understanding is that X admin would not take him back-particularly because of the massive cloud above. For my money, he was the best coach X has ever had. All the coaches have taken the team to the next level but felt Miller had the toughest road. Other rumored coaches are Pat Kelsey-no thanks. He absolutely screwed UMass and was already interviewing for new jobs within a year of being at Winthrop. IMO he would always be looking. Then Travis Steele. Since Miller likely is not an option, i am really hoping for him. He seems to be involved with many past and current players and recruits and has been around two of the most successful coaches at X (Matta and Mack). I obviously would prefer Mack stays but don't see it so my vote is with Steele. I'm sure there are others but those are the rumors that i have heard. I know very early in the process. X liked Dan Hurley but he was never interested. I'm hoping that the fact that Steele turned down Evansville and Mid Tenn St indicates that he will be at X next year in some capacity
I'd take Miller back in a heart beat but I agree his hands are a little too dirty right now.For my money he was our best coach ever.If Mack leaves,I'll be disappointed but it isn't then end of the world for Xavier basketball
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:16 pm

No re treads...no going back..no Matta and no Miller...move forward with someone familiar with X but has not been head coach so far. West, Posey, Steele, and others available with X blood in them.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:02 pm

Sean has not been all that successful in the tournament at arguably one of the top ten B.B. schools in the country. Why would we want him back? And yes it is delusional.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”