Xavier coaches recruiting for Louisville

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Shadow

Re: Xavier coaches recruiting for Louisville

Postby Shadow » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Consider the source of this rumor.
"According to Kent Taylor of WAVE in Louisville, the family of a recruit indicated that somebody from the Xavier coaching staff had called to inform them that they were now actively recruiting for Louisville."
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
Cheered in Schmidt

Postby Cheered in Schmidt » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:20 pm

If this is actually true and the coaches who are still XU coaches really are now contacting recruits and telling them they are now recruiting for Louisville this is a much worse than anything done by Miller or Matta. I had really hoped that if Chris Mack was leaving he would leave with class like Prosser. I guess my only consolation is if that if Mack is the new Louisville coach he will always be second in the Commonwealth of Kentucky no matter what he does or how successful he is. UK is THE college basketball team of the Kentucky.
oldhoopster2

Postby oldhoopster2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Hope it’s not true but if it is, guess they’ll replace Pitino and crew just fine and fit in to the Louisville way. Prob a recruit they were after for X previously, but at least wait til official announcements are made. If not true, what was the author’s intentions?
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Cheered in Schmidt wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:20 pm
If this is actually true and the coaches who are still XU coaches really are now contacting recruits and telling them they are now recruiting for Louisville this is a much worse than anything done by Miller or Matta. I had really hoped that if Chris Mack was leaving he would leave with class like Prosser. I guess my only consolation is if that if Mack is the new Louisville coach he will always be second in the Commonwealth of Kentucky no matter what he does or how successful he is. UK is THE college basketball team of the Kentucky.
I agree with my 1B Mentor Shadow. Who knows what’s true. I think the way CM has conducted himself while at X, he deserves the benefit of the doubt until we find out definitively. I’m more concerned about who th incoming coach is.

I WANT STEELE!
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:22 pm

U of L is supposedly naming the interim AD as the AD this week then they will announce Mack after that and CMack is allegedly taking all the coaches and one of the recruits got a call from an X assistant coach swaying him to Louisville which I heard from a few.
bleedXblue

Postby bleedXblue » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:41 pm

Travis Steele wants to be a head coach. If X offers it to him, he is going to take it.........if he follows Mack to UL, then we didn't want him anyway.....
xu koop scoop

Postby xu koop scoop » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:05 pm

And Ohio State is THE college basketball team of Ohio. So Mack goes from #2 in one state to #2 in the next state.
MuskyDore

Postby MuskyDore » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:10 pm

xu koop scoop wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:05 pm
And Ohio State is THE college basketball team of Ohio. So Mack goes from #2 in one state to #2 in the next state.
That's a silly argument. Still a big step up in coaching ranks.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:16 pm

Muskie Dore I have never seen a troll like you constantly on another board just to talk about Louisville. Honestly nothing else to do with your time. The UK boards are lighting up your new coach and the sleaziness of youykue program. You may want to defend there
MuskyDore

Postby MuskyDore » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:48 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:16 pm
Muskie Dore I have never seen a troll like you constantly on another board just to talk about Louisville. Honestly nothing else to do with your time. The UK boards are lighting up your new coach and the sleaziness of youykue program. You may want to defend there
Lol ok... not a troll. I'm being honest and stating truths. If that makes me a troll... well .. sorry

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”