With Steele does Harden have

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

With Steele does Harden have

Postby muskieman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:53 pm

more of a chance to be a bigger part of the team next year? Shame he wasn't redshirted
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
JTG

Re: With Steele does Harden have

Postby JTG » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Yes by necessity. We lost 4 starters, plus biggest improvement from Fr to Soph.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:11 pm

I think he would have been red-shirted last year but they needed him vs Marshall when Gates and Macura were hurt. X tried to red shirt him but were not allowed. According to Shannon Russell, Harden always wanted to stay at X. Steele spoke to Harden and his parents so would assume he got assurance that he will be a bigger part next year. They will certainly need his outside shooting.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:49 am

Harden was quoted as saying something to the effect of "i want to stay at X. i have to trust the process"

i guess he has a hard time putting on weight. he needs to get bigger and stronger, but also work on his game at the same time. when you're busting your ass in the gym all the time, you tend to lose weight. i'm sure Travis and Jennings will figure it out this off-season and he will be ready.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Wish I had trouble putting on weight.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”