Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: New graduate transfer Zach Hankins

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:32 pm

lionelchalmers0 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:09 pm
gym from delhi wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:44 am
Informative piece in the Enquirer this AM re potential transfers. Most of them have impressive stats at various levels of play. One caveat however is that Cane Broome at UC did too (23.7 ppg), and wasn't all that great this year. Conversely Kanter played much better here than his WGB stats predicted.
Mick cronin horrifically mismanaged cane Broome. Not saying he's a 20+ point scorer but on a team with a well run offense (or any offense) he'd score 15+.
I don't agree re: CB. Kantner was an anomaly. Very rarely do transfers increase their ppg as much as KK did, when going from an inferior to a much better team. Look at Bernard & Gaston for example. They went from being "the man" on their former teams, to important role players on X. I'm no expert on Broome, but I've seen him play 3 full games and some of a half dozen or so. He is a talented scorer, but seemingly loose with the ball, and a horrific defender. Stats may prove me wrong on the t.o. part, but he is not a facilitator, which is what UC needed with guys like Evans, Clark, and Cumberland on the court.

Jennifer is a non-factor offensively but seemed to run the offense much better, as well as play better D. I'm no fan of MC as a coach, but he knows how to coach defense, and when you pressure as much as UC did, you can't have any weak spots. I think CB will score more out of necessity next year, but it will be at the expense of a better defender in Jennifer.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:00 pm

I'm sorry, did I stumble onto a UC website? We out of towners don't give two bits for what UC does as long as X keeps beating them and they don't hurt our RPI.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Numnuts

Postby Numnuts » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:21 pm

olsingledigit wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:00 pm
I'm sorry, did I stumble onto a UC website? We out of towners don't give two bits for what UC does as long as X keeps beating them and they don't hurt our RPI.
Hear, hear!
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Particularly liked this tweet
"Jake [email protected]
Apr 7
Congrats on the commitment to Xavier! Looking forward to a great season with you! @hankymckspanky"

shows class on the part of an incoming freshman.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:24 pm

Shadow wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:42 pm
"Jake [email protected]
Apr 7
Congrats on the commitment to Xavier! Looking forward to a great season with you! @hankymckspanky"

Especially when you consider that Hankins play affects Walter directly. Class act
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:12 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:24 pm
Shadow wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:42 pm
"Jake [email protected]
Apr 7

Especially when you consider that Hankins play affects Walter directly. Class act
And mature of him to realize that he can learn from Hankins.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:38 pm

lionelchalmers0 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:09 pm
gym from delhi wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:44 am
Informative piece in the Enquirer this AM re potential transfers. Most of them have impressive stats at various levels of play. One caveat however is that Cane Broome at UC did too (23.7 ppg), and wasn't all that great this year. Conversely Kanter played much better here than his WGB stats predicted.
Mick cronin horrifically mismanaged cane Broome. Not saying he's a 20+ point scorer but on a team with a well run offense (or any offense) he'd score 15+.
Little Mick would mismanage Steph Curry if he played for him.
Probably would say he wasn't "tough enough".
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”