ESPN Again

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
SC in DC

ESPN Again

Postby SC in DC » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:33 pm

I Know, I know, I shouldn't give a hoot but good old ESPN sees fit to headline the player transfer from Evansville to NW, Pacific to OU, Albany to FSU, CSU to nowhere yet, and Huchimura ( or something like that) staying for the Zags, but somehow transferring to X gets no mention either time!! I bet if LeBron wanted to use his eligibility--I know he has none--at X they wouldn't report it! Do I sound like Rodney Dangerfield or does espn just sUCk?
muskieman

Re: ESPN Again

Postby muskieman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:58 pm

SC in DC wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:33 pm
I Know, I know, I shouldn't give a hoot but good old ESPN sees fit to headline the player transfer from Evansville to NW, Pacific to OU, Albany to FSU, CSU to nowhere yet, and Huchimura ( or something like that) staying for the Zags, but somehow transferring to X gets no mention either time!! I bet if LeBron wanted to use his eligibility--I know he has none--at X they wouldn't report it! Do I sound like Rodney Dangerfield or does espn just sUCk?
AH, yes and yes :lol:
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
basket

Postby basket » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:47 am

SC in DC wrote:

I am NOT defending ESPN BUT arent all of those transfers Div. 1 to Div. 1? XU didn't "land" and Div. 1 player, THAT in the college basketball world is NOT news! Nor SHOULD IT BE!!
kellernr85XU

Postby kellernr85XU » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:47 am

Columbia is D1. Isn't that where we just got Castlin from?
muskienick

Postby muskienick » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:43 am

basket wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:47 am
SC in DC wrote:

I am NOT defending ESPN BUT arent all of those transfers Div. 1 to Div. 1? XU didn't "land" and Div. 1 player, THAT in the college basketball world is NOT news! Nor SHOULD IT BE!!
And the other X transfer in was recently named POY in Division 2. That would place him well above a good percentage of D-1 players. (And at 6'10" tall and 255 lbs, he will be a big help in spelling Tyrique in the post!)
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:17 pm

The is zero value in being mentioned on espn with a transfer, zero.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:34 pm

You better believe our opponents know it.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:35 pm

anyone that doesn't think ESPN shows a bias is just not being realistic.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
oldhoopster2

Postby oldhoopster2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:51 pm

And there's this NBA draft article which has no mention of Trevon in the top 100 prospects or even the seniors who are automatically in (unless I missed it). Got 2 UC boys on their different lists though.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2304 ... ft-testing
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:37 pm

When will the conspiracy end? I heard they are putting together a 30-30 program trying to prove 2 yet to be named XU players were on The Grassy Knoll assisting Oswald. I wonder if the Gonzaga folks bemoan the same bias? FWIW, during the NCAA tourney, there were plenty of write-ups on X on their website, and a couple of tweets on the page for two days on how Bluiett was a worthy Wooden POY candidate.

Bilas was also effusive with praise re: X, as was another commentator whom I don't recall, and said they deserved to be a number one seed, and winning was in their DNA. It was actually stated in the 1st minute of GameDay, a prime time slot. I suspect he already got his pink slip.

Now, if they don't announce that we are now selling "We number 32," for our performance in the tourney this year since CM's head was in Yum Yum land, then I will march to Bristol Conn along with the plethora of co-conspirators on this board.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”