New assistant coach Jonas Hayes

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
sonofamuskie

New assistant coach Jonas Hayes

Postby sonofamuskie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:47 am

New assistant coach! What do we know? What position will he coach? Where is his recruiting base?
kellernr85XU

Re: New assistant coach Jonas Hayes

Postby kellernr85XU » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:49 am

I believe on xavierhoops they were saying this guy has a strong recruiting base in the south. He's supposed to be a very good recruiter.
N67ER

Postby N67ER » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:39 pm

kellernr85XU wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:49 am
I believe on xavierhoops they were saying this guy has a strong recruiting base in the south. He's supposed to be a very good recruiter.
Reportedly the "big man" coach desired by Coach Steele - and a good recruiter. Here is a quote from the Atlanta Constitution article about Hayes leaving Georgia staff:

"After Fox elevated him to full-time assistant, Hayes emerged as a potent recruiter, leading the way to get Yante Maten, a future SEC Player of the Year. He also was the lead recruiter on Ashton Hagans, a 5-star point guard in the 2019 class who committed to Georgia last year, then de-committed amid the uncertainty of Fox’s future."
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:38 am

great he can recruit but that is only part of the formula for a successful coach. Anyone have info on his coaching ability to teach players?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”