Ryan Welage new Muskie

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-lucidity

Re: Ryan Welage new Muskie

Postby X-lucidity » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:03 am

A HUGE Xavier Nation welcome to you Ryan. This has been quite a productive first 10 days for Coach Steele. I do not have the quality sources as others on this board do as I would be curious as to just how many other bigger named programs were after Ryan, Kyle & Zach, but I would suspect they were at least on many top 75 program's radar. If you were to look for a couple complimentary ingredients to mix in with the known talent we have coming back I honestly could not think of a better set than what these 3 bring. Plus they all bring maturity and experience - and seemingly all possess a high b-ball IQ from reading their quotes and listening to interviews. Now, what are the chances Ryan will be able to attain immediate eligibility??? As we will certainly need his outside shooting skills.
As bummed as I was two weeks ago, I am now just as pumped. In Travis we Trust.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:02 pm

From what I read, Ryan plans to finish up his degree in Kinesiology this summer and enter grad school in the fall. If he does that, he will be immediately eligible.
#WHYNOTX?
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Another great win for Steele. Welage's numbers were very impressive, considering he did not have other offensive weapons like himself, meaning he was always the defensive focal point. Kind of like Semaj a few years ago. Based on the video, which I know has to be taken with a grain of salt, he seems to shoot well from deep even when moving laterally, meaning at 6'9", he can get his shot off almost anytime he wants. They are now a legitimate top 20 team.

What a difference a week makes. If Steele can somehow get Teague, it will close the best recruiting job in the history of X. He may have accomplished that already anyway.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:32 pm
Another great win for Steele. Welage's numbers were very impressive, considering he did not have other offensive weapons like himself, meaning he was always the defensive focal point. Kind of like Semaj a few years ago. Based on the video, which I know has to be taken with a grain of salt, he seems to shoot well from deep even when moving laterally, meaning at 6'9", he can get his shot off almost anytime he wants. They are now a legitimate top 20 team.

What a difference a week makes. If Steele can somehow get Teague, it will close the best recruiting job in the history of X. He may have accomplished that already anyway.
Based on AH's exhubrence he may have to change his moniker. Let's see how the parts fit together before we get as giddy as Anti.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
JTG

Postby JTG » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:44 pm

SJSU was awful. Welage is probably happy to be getting time with a winner in a top conference.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”