On early list

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

On early list

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:48 pm

From Jeff Goodman on early entry list: one current Xavier forward in Kaiser Gates and one former in Makinde London.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Re: On early list

Postby skyhops » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:21 pm

Anti has a better chance of getting drafted
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:10 pm

might be the best thing for him to do as the instruction and advice on what he need to improve his game may get him to take every game seriously.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:55 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:10 pm
might be the best thing for him to do as the instruction and advice on what he need to improve his game may get him to take every game seriously.
I think he takes every game seriously. Some people will have bad games. TB was a great college player but could not handle the ball well and you certainly could not teach him to be quicker or faster. that being said, i wouldn't say that he didn't take the game seriously. just an opinion
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:16 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:55 pm
muskieman wrote:
I think he takes every game seriously. Some people will have bad games. TB was a great college player but could not handle the ball well and you certainly could not teach him to be quicker or faster. that being said, i wouldn't say that he didn't take the game seriously. just an opinion
Gates has a lot of talent but he loved the 3 point line and at times found it easier to drift to that line rather than fight for rebounds and putbacks. I still remember when he had to drive the ball and was successful when he did it but instead of making it part of his game it was the aberration. Maybe taking the "game seriously" is more harsh than I meant but when one part of TB was not working he found other way to help, like rebounding, taking it inside. I don't expect Gates to be the "be all" but there are times his laid back style appears to not help the situation at hand. Just my opinion.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:03 am

KG, like many of the other 230+ kids on this list are just trying to put themselves on the radar screen of nba talent evaluators.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:47 am

I would think that 99% of those on the list realize that the NBA is a long shot, in fact a very loooong shot for most. But playing overseas,in several different countries, is probably a realistic possibility. This list will be used by clubs in those locations too. It gives their scouts and agents a list of potential players to scout and evaluate, just as much as it does for the NBA.
#WHYNOTX?
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:13 am

muskieman wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:16 pm
X-Expert wrote:
muskieman wrote:
Gates has a lot of talent but he loved the 3 point line and at times found it easier to drift to that line rather than fight for rebounds and putbacks. I still remember when he had to drive the ball and was successful when he did it but instead of making it part of his game it was the aberration. Maybe taking the "game seriously" is more harsh than I meant but when one part of TB was not working he found other way to help, like rebounding, taking it inside. I don't expect Gates to be the "be all" but there are times his laid back style appears to not help the situation at hand. Just my opinion.
Agreed. I do however think he was a very good defensive player and rebounded pretty well even when his 3s weren't falling.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:21 am

We are talking about Gates here right? Cuz some of these comments above are much too kind. I like Kaiser, nice kid, but therein lies the issue. He needs to grow a pair frankly. I realize this is a strategy to get you name out there and sort of grease the skids as his senior year approaches. But Mr. Gates should be in the weight room being pushed hard, then hoisting 500 shots a day, then working on his inside game and driving techniques. A player with his size, agility and quick feet should be much more consistently effective and have a greater impact on games than he has. Bottom line, he has to find some semblance of a Pete Rose or Tim Krumrie set of Cahoonas... Like the size of church bells.
Kaiser, we lova ya, but this is it, your Senior tour baby... Wake the "F" up and CARPE DIEM........!
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:38 am

X-Expert wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:13 am
muskieman wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:16 pm
X-Expert wrote:

Agreed. I do however think he was a very good defensive player and rebounded pretty well even when his 3s weren't falling.
then you must admit that when his threes were not dropping he either kept shooting or went into a shell offensively

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”