VeroMuskie

Gates....who knows where he stands

Postby VeroMuskie » Sat May 05, 2018 7:20 am

Hired an agent.....is that true?
olsingledigit

Re: Gates....who knows where he stands

Postby olsingledigit » Sat May 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Haven’t heard that. Hope not.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
bmuskies

Postby bmuskies » Sat May 05, 2018 2:20 pm

When will Scruggs hire an agent? This is getting to be old hat at Xavier can't keep coaches can't keep players. This program is going in the opposite direction! It's not if Gates is NBA ready anyway why would he hire an agent?
:lol:
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sat May 05, 2018 2:32 pm

Heard it’s true
Pierre Dracot

Postby Pierre Dracot » Sat May 05, 2018 3:40 pm

On Twitter:

Shannon Russell

Verified account

@slrussell
4h4 hours ago

I can confirm that @Kaisergates has hired an agent. As a @XavierMBB junior last year, the 6-foot-8 forward averaged 7.2 points and 4.6 rebounds. He lived from the perimeter (54 of his 74 made FGs were threes) and was among XU's top defenders, but he also battled inconsistency.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Sat May 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Puzzling but he has decided to stay in the draft:

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... nba-draft/

Travis has a boat load of holes to fill. Keonte should have stayed if it is truly playing time that he desires.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Sat May 05, 2018 3:50 pm

We need some good news!
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Sat May 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Would love to know what people are telling him that he would make this decision. I can't believe he really think he's going to be drafted in the NBA. I'm not sure he's really good enough to play in Europe. Honestly pretty disappointing career for him. Showed signs at times of being a good player but then would disappear for games
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Sat May 05, 2018 8:06 pm

No offense Kaiser, but - Good riddance... I wrote a week or so ago that KG needed to grow a pair, work hard as hell on all facets of his game, and seize his Senior year for all it's worth. I meant that in a supportive way because by all accounts he's a nice & bright kid. But I was skeptical. Having seen him in countless games smiling or smirking as games or stretches of games would be going poorly for X. Apparently he has the heart of a mouse, not a lion, so good luck in your future endeavors young man. I would rather have a slightly less talented player on the floor who plays with fire & passion. The fact that he was seriously considering this, knowing as many have stated he is unlikely to be drafted except for a very remote chance at the back end of Rd 2, tells me all I need to know. His heart isn't and may never have been on a collegiate floor. (Especially knowing he would start next year and be given every opportunity to be our bell cow) Not really a huge loss IMHO. Hopefully Travis can add another JUCO or recruit. If not, we have a tight 8 man rotation which has worked well for us in the past. I want young men who have trouble sleeping the night before games because they can't wait to put the uni on. I want those who burn a bit on the inside when we lose and are motivated to work that much harder in practice to avoid such stinging pain in the future. Mr. Gates never struck me as 'pained' by loss or even his own subpar play. Am I surprised? Yup. Will I lose any sleep tonight? Nope..
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Sat May 05, 2018 9:18 pm

He never seemed very happy here so it's not totally shocking he would not come back. I do believe there was some bad blood bringing Kanter in last year which did not help matters. There is a downside to bringing transfers in late, and i believe we've also seen it with the loss of Kennedy.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”