Gates....who knows where he stands

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
kyzrex

Re: Gates....who knows where he stands

Postby kyzrex » Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 am

Under other circumstances, where Gates was only 1 of 3-4 other seniors, I would say that it wasn’t a huge loss. However, with so many new players coming in (5-6), a new coaching staff, and no other seniors, the loss of any experienced players may have a big effect on how the team does next year. Especially early in the season. In reality, next year’s squad is a complete question mark beyond Goodwin, Naji, and Scruggs. The health and consistency of Jones is always a question, and none of the other players have shown how well they can do at this level of competition or in the Xavier system. The coaching staff is unproven in their current positions.

This is not to say that I am depressed and am predicting failure. I’m actually pretty optimistic at this point. I think that the team will be pretty good. But it won’t happen quickly or early. I just advise everyone to have patience and keep there expectations realistic.

I wish the Kaiser all the best as he moves through his new life and hope that his choice proves to be good for him. From a personal standpoint and with the desire to see Xavier be as good as they can possibly be, I wish he had stayed another year. However, I I think that he came to the conclusion that he wasn’t going to be THE big star next year, and just decided to move on.
#WHYNOTX?
pki1998

Re: Gates....who knows where he stands

Postby pki1998 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:24 pm

I am sad to see KG leave, Really good defender / streaky three point shooter that when he is on stretches the D. The decision seems odd, but we don't have all the facts. With that being said I wish him well!

I think he could have been a big part of our team next year, coupled with the likely loss of KK, I am a little concerned about depth. Any chance we add another PF or SF as a grad or JUCO transfer?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”