On the brighter side (Schadenfreude)

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 22128
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: On the brighter side (Schadenfreude)

Postby muskieman » Tue May 08, 2018 10:56 pm

olsingledigit wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:45 pm
muskieman wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:36 pm
edgecliff hall wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:39 pm
Mr. M, I was about to ask that same question. Using two words. Sez who? But I must make further comment. When did ya ever see the word SCHADENFREUDE used in a post here? Cheers on you, Pierre! And Up The Republic!
actually Gary and I used it a number of times in the early days of board...seems to pop up when head coaches leave or when Gary and I had our political discussions.
Ah Gary - and you. I miss your political discussions (I side with you) and certainly Gary is missed. He would have a field day with Mack’s departure.
I wonder how he would have taken the Mack decision. As for the political talk, he was not his sister which made our discussion hot but not bitter.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
ChitownSteve
Posts: 1789
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 am
Contact:

Re: On the brighter side (Schadenfreude)

Postby ChitownSteve » Wed May 09, 2018 1:33 am

Many others had a more personal, Xavier, relationship with Gary. Initially, recognized him only as a poster.

Then, he won a token prize before a DePaul game in the DePaul Champions Club. Hearing his name, as a Chicagoan knew I needed to ask him if he was the same person. Mr. Neutral he was, and a Nwmd 'Nuff said and regrets th Loss.

Regards,
Steve
X-lucidity
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: On the brighter side (Schadenfreude)

Postby X-lucidity » Wed May 09, 2018 9:58 am

I miss Neutral's calm but insightful contributions. Seemed like an awesome dude and would have been cool to have met him at some X event.
And yes, his little Sis is a hot freaking mess...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 22128
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: On the brighter side (Schadenfreude)

Postby muskieman » Wed May 09, 2018 1:50 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:58 am
I miss Neutral's calm but insightful contributions. Seemed like an awesome dude and would have been cool to have met him at some X event.
And yes, his little Sis is a hot freaking mess...
he was a good guy and classmate but I am sure he is LOLing as one if our posters commonly uses because of his run-ins with Snipe and his gang and many others including myself. They were far from calming at times. He didn't hold a grudge with many of those adversaries although he was quite adamant about his feelings for a few of them. He gave Woods a lead but toward the end it was his email which he shared with the moderators that was Wood's end.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
edgecliff hall
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:18 am
Contact:

Re: On the brighter side (Schadenfreude)

Postby edgecliff hall » Wed May 09, 2018 3:43 pm

I always looked forward to reading Gary's take on things. Never got to meet him, but admired him very much.
jps1943
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: On the brighter side (Schadenfreude)

Postby jps1943 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:54 pm

All a competing coach is to suggest the recruit ask mac why there is a clause extending his contract in the event of a sanction.
Pierre Dracot
Posts: 1258
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm
Contact:

Re: On the brighter side (Schadenfreude)

Postby Pierre Dracot » Wed May 09, 2018 7:23 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:36 pm
edgecliff hall wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:39 pm
Mr. M, I was about to ask that same question. Using two words. Sez who? But I must make further comment. When did ya ever see the word SCHADENFREUDE used in a post here? Cheers on you, Pierre! And Up The Republic!
actually Gary and I used it a number of times in the early days of board...seems to pop up when head coaches leave or when Gary and I had our political discussions.
We can get to the truth of the matter by using the Wayback Machine.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 22128
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: On the brighter side (Schadenfreude)

Postby muskieman » Wed May 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Pierre Dracot wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:23 pm
muskieman wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:36 pm
edgecliff hall wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:39 pm
Mr. M, I was about to ask that same question. Using two words. Sez who? But I must make further comment. When did ya ever see the word SCHADENFREUDE used in a post here? Cheers on you, Pierre! And Up The Republic!
actually Gary and I used it a number of times in the early days of board...seems to pop up when head coaches leave or when Gary and I had our political discussions.
We can get to the truth of the matter by using the Wayback Machine.
set it for way, way back
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kyzrex and 22 guests