Brad Stevens vs Chris Mack....and

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Xavier2005

Brad Stevens vs Chris Mack....and

Postby Xavier2005 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Brad Stevens took Butler to the Final Four 2 years in a row, while Chris Mack never got close to the FF. Stevens makes $3.6 million a year to coach the Boston Celtics, while Mack makes $4 million a year plus bonuses etc. Missing the FF still got Mack big bucks. Stevens is a young genius at basketball...a great coach.
muskieman

Re: Brad Stevens vs Chris Mack....and

Postby muskieman » Tue May 15, 2018 8:27 pm

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed May 16, 2018 10:23 am

Imagine if Stevens had two of our last three teams that Mack only got past game one in the tourney? Look at the job Stevens has done with the Celtics this year.
jct1941

Postby jct1941 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:17 am

there is no doubt that Stevens is the best NBA coach right now and his next contract will be VERY GOOD. Tatum said that he has a very unique way of calling the right play when a score is crucial. His players believe in him (as the players at Butler did) and he has the knack of getting the very best out of them. To me, and I guess most everyone else, getting to the NBA''s final four without the Celtics two best players is mind blowing. As far as Mack making 4 million a year that is all Louisville could do after all problems to offer a very high amount to even get a coach to sign a contract. Brad Stevens is a "one of a kind" coach and also he is a GREAT judge of talented players. Go Xavier!
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Sat May 19, 2018 4:40 pm

Recently posted a Book Review over at Movies Music and Food. Part of that book seeks to explain Brad Stevens. The author takes a pretty
good swing at it, (Seth Davis)
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Sun May 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Stevens is gonna get paid in a big way soon. NBA salary upside is way bigger than college.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Tue May 22, 2018 10:08 am

Xavier2005 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:19 pm
Brad Stevens took Butler to the Final Four 2 years in a row, while Chris Mack never got close to the FF. Stevens makes $3.6 million a year to coach the Boston Celtics, while Mack makes $4 million a year plus bonuses etc. Missing the FF still got Mack big bucks. Stevens is a young genius at basketball...a great coach.
so getting to an Elite 8 is "never getting close to a FF"?

just making sure.

there is zero reason to even compare Mack and Stevens at this point.

and all of you on here will be saying the same exact stuff about Steele in 5-7 years when we still haven't made it to a FF.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”