Non Conference Schedule

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
letsgoxu

Re: Non Conference Schedule

Postby letsgoxu » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:15 pm

I don't understand why people don't like this schedule...

It's pretty on par with most Top 25 teams. A couple games against power conference schools (Wisconsin, UC, Missouri ), the best in-season tournament we can possibly hope for, and a bunch of games we should win.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:31 pm

letsgoxu wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:15 pm
I don't understand why people don't like this schedule...

It's pretty on par with most Top 25 teams. A couple games against power conference schools (Wisconsin, UC, Missouri ), the best in-season tournament we can possibly hope for, and a bunch of games we should win.
The problem with the two games against teams in power conferences (UC is not in a power conference), is that neither is projected to be very good, to my knowledge. Also, the only way X plays more than one high quality game in the T-giving tourney, is if they upset Auburn, which isn't likely. The good news is that they play in a top 4 power conference, so their sos and opportunity to secure a number of quality wins is there.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:39 am

if there ever was a year to have a "weaker" non-conf schedule, this is the year. roster turnover, a lot of new faces learning a new system (for them), 80% of our scoring gone from last year, etc.

i mean, we aren't even close to the non-conf schedule that G-town puts together (last year's was abysmal. this year's is a little better) so if it's a little on the "weak" side this year, that's ok.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:59 pm

I favor this schedule in a year like this. Since we joined the BE, we have been fortunate enough to have good outside shooting and perimeter D to help mask the lack of elite size in the paint (with the exception of one year). If we dont find shooters this year, we may get our business handed to us in conference play.
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:42 am

Wish we could have played in Maui last year.That would have been interesting.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”