Keonte Kennedy

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-lucidity

Re: Keonte Kennedy

Postby X-lucidity » Sun May 27, 2018 2:21 pm

That explains the delay as word was he had favored SMU lately. Question for you MM, or anyone in "the know", how badly would Steele like to land this young man? He seems decent with upside. I have heard both sides of the coin. Curious as to the expert consensus on the expenditure of this scholly.
Thx in advance all
Numnuts

Postby Numnuts » Sun May 27, 2018 7:48 pm

SMU has at least 4 people at that position ahead of him.
Any way you look at it the decision is Steele's if he selects X and there isn't any thing anyone else can do.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Sun May 27, 2018 11:01 pm

So no decision yet?
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Mon May 28, 2018 7:26 am

olsingledigit wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:01 pm
So no decision yet?
Delayed until Wednesday according to his Twitter.
#WHYNOTX?
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Tue May 29, 2018 7:57 pm

As I had expressed my fear earlier on this thread, Curtis has indeed withdrawn his verbal commitment. Not a good trend developing here. Our mojo has been shaken a bit. Only a solid season with Steele maximizing what talent he has assembled will right the ship. Stay tuned- pivotal season ahead. Need to make the dance and reestablish our aura.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue May 29, 2018 8:05 pm

Curtis decommits? Not surprising considering he is moving up fast.
Pierre Dracot

Postby Pierre Dracot » Thu May 31, 2018 9:16 am

Saturday?-- Wednesday?

Next Saturday or next Wednesday?
muskienick

Postby muskienick » Thu May 31, 2018 10:57 am

Well, first of all, Curtis has not completely written of Xavier as his school of choice in 2019 (similar to Kennedy for 2018).

Secondly, for this coming season we are in pretty good shape as far as depth at the perimeter is concerned. We'll have Scruggs, Gooden, Harden, Marshall, and Castlin at the 1-3 with Welage and James being stretch 4's and Jones, Hankins, and Walter clogging the middle.
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu May 31, 2018 11:57 am

muskienick wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:57 am
Well, first of all, Curtis has not completely written of Xavier as his school of choice in 2019 (similar to Kennedy for 2018).

Secondly, for this coming season we are in pretty good shape as far as depth at the perimeter is concerned. We'll have Scruggs, Gooden, Harden, Marshall, and Castlin at the 1-3 with Welage and James being stretch 4's and Jones, Hankins, and Walter clogging the middle.
Good summary, now let's keep healthy and play to the potential. Walter may need to lose a few lbs. and get a lot more stamina to see the floor. Hardin is a key player here because if he is what the coaches say he could be then we have a very good outside threat who should know the system.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Thu May 31, 2018 9:34 pm

I thought he was supposed to announce yesterday. I have heard that X and SMU have backed off. I always felt that he was going to be similar to harden which is a good thing as I believe harden will have a good year. With Curtis back on the market, I am hopeful for Franklin. I had originally thought X backing off Kennedy had something to do to make Curtis at ease on the depth chart next year but just a guess.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”