I hate bad new but here is some

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

I hate bad new but here is some

Postby muskieman » Tue May 29, 2018 9:10 pm

Samari Curtis has announced he has decommitted from X
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
xu koop scoop

Re: I hate bad new but here is some

Postby xu koop scoop » Tue May 29, 2018 11:17 pm

OK, but he has not committed to anybody else. He is playing the field. Also, sometimes when you don't get 1 specific recruit you end up with an even better one in the end. Accentuate the Positive, Decommit the Negative.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed May 30, 2018 12:14 am

Oh, he said he had not ruled out X but it appears his parents talked him in to looking again.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Wed May 30, 2018 10:01 am

well, I believe in optimism as much as anyone but come on folks. It's like dating that "hottie" in HS for a few months. Then a few of the star players on the football team start showing her interest and she says to you, 'gee, I really think you're swell but maybe we should cool it awhile and see other people'.......
Wake up and smell the coffee mates. My point earlier remains, our aura has taken a hit. If we are going to be suddenly in jeopardy with a verbal when their stock rises from 120's to the mid 80's, then we are not what we had thought just two years ago. I can see it if we got a verbal from a kid in the 90's and he rockets up to the 40's, sure. But this Curtis scenario is a bit more alarming. Although par for the course in D-1 recruiting overall and not time to press any panic button. Let's just keep our eyes open to hopefully see that this was only a blip and not a trend. Yet worrisome it is. (my best Yoda impression for ya)
bmuskies

Postby bmuskies » Wed May 30, 2018 7:32 pm

Maybe its because of the unstable coaching carousel Xavier has. Coaches just come and go way to much at this program to succeed n the long run. Never seen X with so many problems keeping recruits. Just not enough to offer at Xavier or what but its disappointing. And he's from ohio how does that happen when your losing recruits from your own area? Xavier not a powerhouse like I thought they were.
:cry:
MUSKIE1995

Postby MUSKIE1995 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:37 pm

Apparently he got upset with the amount of backcourt players that X was recruiting and was feeling not wanted/fearing getting lost in the shuffel. Still a shot that X lands him but with his recent jump in recruiting rankings he's bound to recieve more national attention.
XavierRunningMan

Postby XavierRunningMan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:14 am

bmuskies wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:32 pm
Maybe its because of the unstable coaching carousel Xavier has. Coaches just come and go way to much at this program to succeed n the long run. Never seen X with so many problems keeping recruits. Just not enough to offer at Xavier or what but its disappointing. And he's from ohio how does that happen when your losing recruits from your own area? Xavier not a powerhouse like I thought they were.
:cry:
Every school has this issue. It’s just part of the culture anymore. All these kids want to feel like they’re #1 and then after they commit no one (nation/twitter followers) pays them any attention anymore. Kids need to grow up...
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:09 pm

I will stick by my prediction from April after Mack left, Curtis will end up at Ohio St.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”