Harden?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
jct1941

Harden?

Postby jct1941 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:01 pm

A friend e-mailed me that he has left the program - can that be true? Please tell me that is not true. Go Xavier!
X-Expert

Re: Harden?

Postby X-Expert » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:40 pm

I certainly hope this isn't true. Harden deserves his chance. Time will tell but I really feel like Harden could be productive
harryfe

Postby harryfe » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:26 am

Harden showed nothing last year. There had to be some reason he was given essentially no playing time. If he wants to leave so be it. Perhaps he was encouraged to leave ??? Let’s see where he ends up. The big surprise was Kaiser G leaving for the draft. Do we know if he has had any tryouts?
finalfourorbust

Postby finalfourorbust » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 am

X-Expert wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:40 pm
I certainly hope this isn't true. Harden deserves his chance. Time will tell but I really feel like Harden could be productive

He only deserves his chance if he has earned it. He will play if he is good enough. That is up to him.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:48 am

I am sure someone "in-the-know" will confirm or deny this new & latest juicy rumor shortly. Seems like this would make sense now that Keonte is back in the fold. In fact, if this latest development was leaked to Keonte, might have tipped the scales in our favor... The whole realm of D-1 recruiting these days must be just a nightmare ball of stress for coaches to navigate through. ;-)
pki1998

Postby pki1998 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:50 am

I hope Harden stays! The guy has some talent and was just stuck behind some really good seniors. I'm sure we will see a jump in the quality of his play this year.

I am always surprised when people don't seem to be concerned when a little used underclassmen decides to leave. Remember BJ Raymond, James Farr, Jason Love, and Larry Sykes of the past they developed into great players after starts that weren't that inspiring. That's what I love about college basketball seeing the guys develop and improve each year.
D-West & PO-Z

Postby D-West & PO-Z » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:53 am

harryfe wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:26 am
Harden showed nothing last year. There had to be some reason he was given essentially no playing time. If he wants to leave so be it. Perhaps he was encouraged to leave ??? Let’s see where he ends up. The big surprise was Kaiser G leaving for the draft. Do we know if he has had any tryouts?
Yeah it's called he was a freshman on what was perhaps our deepest best roster in Xavier history. Not everyone can play. How deep do you want the rotation?

If we wrote off every XU player who didnt contribute significantly after one or two years there would be numerous Xavier legends who would have never been.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:56 pm

My understanding is that when the season was over Steele spoke to harden and his parents and convi fed him to stay as he was strongly considering leaving. I’m glad Kennedy decided to come to X but Harden has certainly show. Loyalty or at least decided to stay based on his communication with coaches.

To the point of some that it’s on him for not showi g enough In practice that’s a tough judgment. I compare his situation to SOM. He played behind stainbrook, Reynolds, and Farr for 2 years rarely getting to play. Thank god coaches didn’t write him off like some on this board are passing judgment on harden in practice.
harryfe

Postby harryfe » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:54 pm

pki1998 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:50 am
I hope Harden stays! The guy has some talent and was just stuck behind some really good seniors. I'm sure we will see a jump in the quality of his play this year.

I am always surprised when people don't seem to be concerned when a little used underclassmen decides to leave. Remember BJ Raymond, James Farr, Jason Love, and Larry Sykes of the past they developed into great players after starts that weren't that inspiring. That's what I love about college basketball seeing the guys develop and improve each year.
Theses are examples of players who decided to stay. I can’t think of anyone who decided to leave and was a real contributor at the next college Maybe Makinde London? Remember Churchill Odia.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:22 pm

so many getting so riled over a false rumor. You would have thought it was Gary and XUBOB's birthday
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”