Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: Harden?

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:03 pm

harryfe wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:54 pm
pki1998 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:50 am
I hope Harden stays! The guy has some talent and was just stuck behind some really good seniors. I'm sure we will see a jump in the quality of his play this year.

I am always surprised when people don't seem to be concerned when a little used underclassmen decides to leave. Remember BJ Raymond, James Farr, Jason Love, and Larry Sykes of the past they developed into great players after starts that weren't that inspiring. That's what I love about college basketball seeing the guys develop and improve each year.
Theses are examples of players who decided to stay. I can’t think of anyone who decided to leave and was a real contributor at the next college Maybe Makinde London? Remember Churchill Odia.
Yes. I also remember David Young. Imagine what would have happened if E Sumner never got hurt. Look at the posts about Goodin when he played sparingly. Who could have imagined he would have played so well so quickly, when he was thrown into the fire in the heart of BE play. Now, he will be a top 2 pg in the league, and potentially a 1st or 2nd all-league player in the BE.
harryfe

Postby harryfe » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:35 pm

You mean the David Young that transferred to North Carolina Central Division II. Surely you jest
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:38 pm

David Young got drafted I believe
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:48 pm

harryfe wrote:
pki1998 wrote:
I hope Harden stays! The guy has some talent and was just stuck behind some really good seniors. I'm sure we will see a jump in the quality of his play this year.

I am always surprised when people don't seem to be concerned when a little used underclassmen decides to leave. Remember BJ Raymond, James Farr, Jason Love, and Larry Sykes of the past they developed into great players after starts that weren't that inspiring. That's what I love about college basketball seeing the guys develop and improve each year.
Theses are examples of players who decided to stay. I can’t think of anyone who decided to leave and was a real contributor at the next college Maybe Makinde London? Remember Churchill Odia.
Dez Wells - ok he was asked to leave but still
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
harryfe

Postby harryfe » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:16 pm

olsingledigit wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:48 pm
harryfe wrote:
pki1998 wrote:

Like you have said he was asked to leave. This is a whole different deal than someone leaving voluntarily.
We have benefited more from transfers than we have lost. We can all name several. I would start with Jordan Crawford. Arguably Lyons was a loss.
Wait and see where Harden goes and we will get a better view of how other schools view his talent, etc.

D-West & PO-Z

Postby D-West & PO-Z » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:30 pm

skyhops wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:38 pm
David Young got drafted I believe
Yep. Xavier had 3 former players drafted in 2004. Sato, Chalmers, and Young.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:11 am

harryfe wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:16 pm
olsingledigit wrote:
harryfe wrote:

Like you have said he was asked to leave. This is a whole different deal than someone leaving voluntarily.
We have benefited more from transfers than we have lost. We can all name several. I would start with Jordan Crawford. Arguably Lyons was a loss.
Wait and see where Harden goes and we will get a better view of how other schools view his talent, etc.

that will be hard because he is going nowhere Harry.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
harryfe

Postby harryfe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:35 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:11 am
harryfe wrote:
olsingledigit wrote:

I didn’t start the rumor that he was leaving. If he decides to stay, great. If he decides to leave or coaching stafff thinks he should leave then that’s probably what should happen
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:41 pm

harryfe wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:35 pm
muskieman wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:11 am
harryfe wrote:
I didn’t start the rumor that he was leaving. If he decides to stay, great. If he decides to leave or coaching stafff thinks he should leave then that’s probably what should happen
No IFs, he was not leaving … the story was a rumor.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
yellow20xd

Postby yellow20xd » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:49 pm

So is he staying or going???... I've lost track... Dan
“Wins go on the mantle. Loses go in your soul."

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”