Myles Hanson

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
xavier3034

Myles Hanson

Postby xavier3034 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:22 pm

From what I understand he’s a grad transfer from Columbia that has committed to Xavier. He looks to be a small forward. Is there any information on this kid? Or is this old news that I missed from one of the other post?
Anti-Homer

Re: Myles Hanson

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:57 pm

xavier3034 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:22 pm
From what I understand he’s a grad transfer from Columbia that has committed to Xavier. He looks to be a small forward. Is there any information on this kid? Or is this old news that I missed from one of the other post?
He's not a grad transfer, but a freshman who avg 3 ppg in the Ivy League last year, while shooting 33% from the field. I really like what I've seen of Steele thus far, but not thrilled with the AAU vibe around the program right now. At least his numbers probably won't scare off James or Elias in regards to PT. I have to assume he has a younger brother who is a Mcdonald's All American. Why the hell else would you jump this early on someone with these stats?

My nephew is a good basketball player. He isn't playing h.s. ball, but was a very good 8th-grade guard. am confident he could avg 3ppg in the Ivy League.
xavier3034

Postby xavier3034 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Thanks for the info.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:20 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:57 pm
xavier3034 wrote:
He's not a grad transfer, but a freshman who avg 3 ppg in the Ivy League last year, while shooting 33% from the field. I really like what I've seen of Steele thus far, but not thrilled with the AAU vibe around the program right now. At least his numbers probably won't scare off James or Elias in regards to PT. I have to assume he has a younger brother who is a Mcdonald's All American. Why the hell else would you jump this early on someone with these stats?

My nephew is a good basketball player. He isn't playing h.s. ball, but was a very good 8th-grade guard. am confident he could avg 3ppg in the Ivy League.
the difference is Travis has a better eye for picking talent than you do, no offense. Beside that I have heard he might not be a scholarship situation. BTW anti nice job climbing that skyscraper today to bad they caught you on the roof
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:54 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:20 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
xavier3034 wrote:

the difference is Travis has a better eye for picking talent than you do, no offense. Beside that I have heard he might not be a scholarship situation. BTW anti nice job climbing that skyscraper today to bad they caught you on the roof
If he comes in as a walk-on, I'd welcome him with open arms. However, 3 ppg in the IVY doesn't require an eye for talent, just a lot of vodka and barbituates. Now before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I'm by no means implying Steele does that, b/c I know he doesn't. The optics of this pick up IF a scholly was granted can't be manipulated, just as you wearing an electric green corduroy suit to your prom, thinking a pink carnation would mask the gaudiness couldn't either.

BTW, scaling that skyscraper was fun. I even saw a racoon napping on a ledge on the way up.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:54 pm
muskieman wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:20 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:

If he comes in as a walk-on, I'd welcome him with open arms. However, 3 ppg in the IVY doesn't require an eye for talent, just a lot of vodka and barbituates. Now before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I'm by no means implying Steele does that, b/c I know he doesn't. The optics of this pick up IF a scholly was granted can't be manipulated, just as you wearing an electric green corduroy suit to your prom, thinking a pink carnation would mask the gaudiness couldn't either.

BTW, scaling that skyscraper was fun. I even saw a racoon napping on a ledge on the way up.
is that why you wore a yellow carnation thinking everyone would think you had a blue corduroy suit not knowing it is other way around. BTW so you saw your twin brother sleeping on the ledge...how serendipity is that.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
yellow20xd

Postby yellow20xd » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Bodies, X needs bodies... Dan
“Wins go on the mantle. Loses go in your soul."
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Any relation to the band?
harryfe

Postby harryfe » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:37 pm