Things going on the campus

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Things going on the campus

Postby muskieman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:47 pm

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Re: Things going on the campus

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:41 am

ThX MM. I took the tour with my grandson and his parents recently and was impressed with the campus. It really looks like a true major league campus as opposed to my tenure there in the mid 60s.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:18 am

The year was 1997 and I was on campus for my 40th reunion. While walking around campus I was approached by a young lady who inquired of me "Are you looking for something?" I fallaciously replied 'Yes, Xavier University." I can only reflect upon what my answer would be today.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:03 pm

Back in those years when we graduated, Shadow, Xavier was going through some hard times. Two Heros saved it. Jim Hoff and Mike Graham.
SC in DC

Postby SC in DC » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:14 pm

I was back last fall for my 50th! I was impressed, X actually looks like a University! Awesome. Don't miss South Hall at all!
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:19 pm

Once when Sato and I were having lunch and he asked me about X when I was there, I told him it was like comparing a horse and buggy to the Space shuttle. I like that the campus has grown bigger and the new buildings just to keep on coming.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:39 pm

edgecliff hall wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:03 pm
Back in those years when we graduated, Shadow, Xavier was going through some hard times. Two Heros saved it. Jim Hoff and Mike Graham.
They still managed to open Logan Hall when I was frosh (still had Chem 101 in North Hall though) and I had been the first president of Brockman when it opened.
Things have really progressed since my days in Stalag 11.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”