Big commit after visit

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Big commit after visit

Postby muskieman » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:58 am

“It was just them texting or calling w/ at least one of the coaches every day. I spoke w/ every assistant before the visit even happened. Also the first head coach of anybody to reach out to me was Coach Steele. Zach Freemantle:

https://247sports.com/college/xavier/Ar ... 120878851/
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-Expert

Re: Big commit after visit

Postby X-Expert » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Pretty great run by Travis and coaching staff. Bring in Johnson and its at worse a top 10 class if it isn't already. Would love to get a great shooter in this class.
titansbaseball01

Postby titansbaseball01 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:50 pm

Impressive job by Steele, hasn't missed a beat. He is clearly showing our recruiting isn't suffering with the loss of Mack. Let's just hope he can get the job done on the floor too!
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:27 pm

Slim Shady left Dodge when he flamed out as a prohibitive favorite in 2 of 3 years in the Tourney. I think that, and his inability to compete against Jay Wright, whose teams shrunk like Mman's Petunias in the desert, unlike most other conference foes, hastened his departure. Despite that, I was becoming a fan, until he decided to take shots about the caliber of players he was NOT able to get at X. I'm sure the likes of Blueittt, Macura, O'Mara, and other appreciated that.

Then, he was the steward of possibly the worst class in two decades under the circumstances (rivalled by his own pathetic class in 12(?)), to coach in HookerVille, leaving Steele to deal with an empty cupboard. In four shoort months, Steele has put togehter a team with enough talent to be a top 4 BE finisher, and has recruited very good players to fortify X's future.

I guess instead of making Karly Rae Jepsen videos, he rolled up his sleeves and went to work. As a gesture of goodwill though, I think he should send the "Defense for Dummies" X mas gift I sent to CM in 2010 back to him, which has collected dust on top of the bookshelf in his office. He made the great Skip Prosser look like Tony Bennet with his defensive philosophies. The defensive meltdown against FSU was a fitting way for him to end his tenure here.

Seacrest out.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:36 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:27 pm
Slim Shady left Dodge when he flamed out as a prohibitive favorite in 2 of 3 years in the Tourney. I think that, and his inability to compete against Jay Wright, whose teams shrunk like Mman's Petunias in the desert, unlike most other conference foes, hastened his departure. Despite that, I was becoming a fan, until he decided to take shots about the caliber of players he was NOT able to get at X. I'm sure the likes of Bluiett, Macura, O'Mara, and other appreciated that.

Then, he was the steward of possibly the worst class in two decades under the circumstances (rivalled by his own pathetic class in 12(?)), to coach in HookerVille, leaving Steele to deal with an empty cupboard. In four short months, Steele has put together a team with enough talent to be a top 4 BE finisher, and has recruited very good players to fortify X's future.

I guess instead of making Karly Rae Jepsen videos, he rolled up his sleeves and went to work. As a gesture of goodwill though, I think he should send the "Defense for Dummies" X mas gift I sent to CM in 2010 back to him, which has collected dust on top of the bookshelf in his office. He made the great Skip Prosser look like Tony Bennet with his defensive philosophies. The defensive meltdown against FSU was a fitting way for him to end his tenure here.

Seacrest out.
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:29 am

Unfortunately,Elias King is now out

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”