Swoosh goes the Brand.

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Shadow

Swoosh goes the Brand.

Postby Shadow » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:40 am

If Nike can support disrespect of the flag & the National Anthem by including Colin Kaepernick in the new ad campaign, I'm in favor of sending the new uniforms back.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
thecoach

Re: Swoosh goes the Brand.

Postby thecoach » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:14 pm

That's a mind boggling corporate decision. They must have forgotten most 15 to 18 year olds get the money to buy their gear from adults.
muskienick

Postby muskienick » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:46 pm

At what time did Colin K. disrespect the American Flag or our National Anthem? Do I disrespect Christ when I genuflect or take a knee at Mass? If anything, he shows his understanding for the U.S. Constitution by peacefully and quietly and with regard to others' rights to express their own way of showing support for the Flag and Anthem. Never once has he stated that his demeanor during the National Anthem was meant as a protest against it or the Flag. He has been consistent from Day 1 on why he has chosen the quiet taking of a knee during that time: to encourage the fair and equal treatment of people of all races, creeds, and origins of birth.

Aren't those very things the basic tenets of the Constitution?!!!
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
PT71

Postby PT71 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:20 pm

Yes, within the constitution, but most folks are of the opinion that it could, and should be, exercised in some other fashion....and above all else, his employer has the prerogative of severing ties with him. Much the same as neither you nor I could do similarly in our place of work!
SC in DC

Postby SC in DC » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:16 pm

This is a Bball board and I hate to get into this with my Muskie brothers, but Shadow now I know why you are fixated on taxes! And coach, Nike is an international brand and if Trump tweets (or not) they probably increase sales plus Nike primarily targets consumers who are between 18-40 years of age, and PT I'm sure there are more recent articles, but it's complex, and "most folks" seems to mean....wait for it....white republicans!

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ho ... w-you-ask/
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Replying to the person who newly joined the forum as AjayBaskauskas for the sole purpose to gripe about my post:
I beg to differ with you. As long as Nike supplies the Xavier teams with uniforms it does pertain to basketball.
If you want to gripe, do so under the name with you are registered, that is, if you have the fortitude.
For the record I agree with Kaepernick's cause, however, not his methods.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:27 pm

Shadow wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:40 am
If Nike can support disrespect of the flag & the National Anthem by including Colin Kaepernick in the new ad campaign, I'm in favor of sending the new uniforms back.
What a polarizing and devisive topic to bring up on a college basketball board. You should be ashamed of yourself for looking to start in-fighting.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:37 pm

SC in DC wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:16 pm
This is a Bball board and I hate to get into this with my Muskie brothers, but Shadow now I know why you are fixated on taxes! And coach, Nike is an international brand and if Trump tweets (or not) they probably increase sales plus Nike primarily targets consumers who are between 18-40 years of age, and PT I'm sure there are more recent articles, but it's complex, and "most folks" seems to mean....wait for it....white republicans!

SC, It seems to be that you are the one with a fixation but it has to be with whatever I have to say, I guarantee you that since I currently pay very little in taxes I have no gripe at all about my fair share.
And again, as an Independent, my vote in the last election had nothing to do with party affiliation nor an affection toward a candidate. It was a vote against Hillary.
PT71

Postby PT71 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:37 pm

SC in DC wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:16 pm

Now, "get this" DC....I am NOT a Rep...didn't vote for either....you make massive assumptions...I stand by my post. No wonder you draw so many responses!
SC in DC

Postby SC in DC » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:16 pm

I agree with Jesse that this wasn't the best topic to bring to the board. And I was totally serious that I didn't want to get into it other Muskies other than try to bring some perspective to the discussion. Altho I admit I hit Shadow and I apologize. But with coach I was just explaining that their demographics can generally make and afford their own decision. And with you JT, I included the article to show that this is a complex issue it said it's a "somewhat conflicted picture". So the article just pointed out that your most folks comment was based on it depends--except for white republicans. I never made any assumptions about anyone, except Shadow as I already stated, I was actually, as I said, trying to bring some facts and perspective to this potentially explosive situation. (not sure what you meant by so many responses?)

Politics and religion are such fun topics--but can we stick to Steele and the Muskies---that seems to bind us together (most times :) )

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”