asinine.
muskieman

Re: Swoosh goes the Brand.

Postby muskieman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:22 pm

franklinwdixon wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:16 pm
asinine.
hey,I never commented on this thread... :D
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:37 am

Any new hoops news muskiman? Where has Anti Homer been?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:23 pm

skyhops wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:37 am
Any new hoops news muskiman? Where has Anti Homer been?
anti has gone up the river. as for news the Labor day weekend and my wife's ER visits and her surgery yesterday was the only action. This weekend I hear Dahmir Bishop.a combo guard will be visiting. He is Dante recruit and word is it Providence might be also looking at him along with RI. X get's first crack. He is a 4 star whatever that means

Oh and Armaan went to IU but that might mean they will not be as aggressive on Newman
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:54 pm

Nice to hear from you muskieman. I marvel at how you keep track of all these guys, coming and going. And I pray your wife is going to be
okay.
MuskieSuperFan

Postby MuskieSuperFan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:06 am

Can we please not have this dialogue here if we don't have to? I really am concerned when I see comments like "most folks think" that are severely narrow minded skewed and intentionally or unintentionally isolationist in nature. The Xavier University I know would allow folks to have a range of opinions on the matter, express those opinions with respect, even if they are different from one another without the assumption that their perspective is the only one to be had. Without making them be symbols or the end all be all of the argument, I do wonder what perspective the basketball players have on the issue, especially if their scholarships weren't at risk?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they attack you, then you win.... Gandhi
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:08 pm

MuskieSuperFan wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:06 am
Can we please not have this dialogue here if we don't have to? I really am concerned when I see comments like "most folks think" that are severely narrow minded skewed and intentionally or unintentionally isolationist in nature. The Xavier University I know would allow folks to have a range of opinions on the matter, express those opinions with respect, even if they are different from one another without the assumption that their perspective is the only one to be had. Without making them be symbols or the end all be all of the argument, I do wonder what perspective the basketball players have on the issue, especially if their scholarships weren't at risk?
Thanks, you just brought it back to the top. If you really believe that what you said then this topic should not bother you. Xavier is a Nike school, Nike is a sponsor of sports, Xavier people wear Xavier Nike gear so what they do should be of interest to Xavier fans. Unless you are bringing it back to start the conversation all over again then why not just let it die.
madness31

Postby madness31 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:58 am

I have no problem discussing this topic. I'd like to add that the kneeling started after a military veteran suggested it. The military will often kneel at the side of a fallen soldier out of respect so it was suggested that kneeling was the way to respect the flag but bring attention to the issue. Initially he sat for the anthem until this suggestion was made. He never wanted to disrespect the flag or country so he immediately changed his approach.

I do not know if this will hurt Nike or help them but it is the right thing to do. This is an incredibly important issue and deserves more attention. Changes need made.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”