Shout Out to Men's Soccer

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
XU80

Shout Out to Men's Soccer

Postby XU80 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:34 pm

I know this is a Men's BB Board but we need to recognize the Men's soccer team. Since Andy Fleming has arrived in 2010, the team continues to improve. XU will play anyone anywhere. In preseason this year, they beat #4 IU in Bloomington 2-1, Tied #3 Michigan State 0-0. Their remaining schedule includes the following ranked team#12 Notre Dame (Away), #15 Villanova (Home, Oct 6th), #20 at Georgtown and four other teams just outside the top 25 (Butler, Creighton, Marquette and their next opponent at home this Tuesday, Kentucky).

They stand 2-0-2 with a win over UC 3-1 Friday. UC is winless in the past 9 games versus Andy Fleming coached team at Xavier. X's two ties were on the road at Northwestern and Oregon St.

Their roster is a blend of US and international talent.

Check them out!!!
kyzrex

Re: Shout Out to Men's Soccer

Postby kyzrex » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 pm

I plan to attend the KY game tomorrow.
#WHYNOTX?
olsingledigit

Re: Shout Out to Men's Soccer

Postby olsingledigit » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:41 pm

My Indy buddies and I had the priviledge of meeting and sitting with Andy at an X home game last year. Not only is he a great coach, but a genuinely nice man, albeit a bit on the crazy side. A true fan! And he has a Down syndrome child. I have a special admiration for Down Syndrome parents, and for DS people. They are God’s special people! I hope Andy stays at X a long time, but if we are to keep him we need to show the soccer program some love IMO.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”