Travis on Scruggs

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Travis on Scruggs

Postby muskieman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:15 pm

"I think he could be an all-conference-level guy, I really do. He’s like Marcus Smart with the Boston Celtics. It doesn’t always look pretty with Paul but he just gets it done. He’s tough, he’s competitive, he plays to win,”
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Re: Travis on Scruggs

Postby muskieman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:19 pm

Shannon has add this tidbit

"Paul Scruggs graded his freshman performance a D-minus. But did you know he was coming off an MCL tear, surgery and a 30-pound weight gain?"
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
harryfe

Postby harryfe » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:41 pm

Is the weight gain good or bad ????
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:05 pm

harryfe wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:41 pm
Is the weight gain good or bad ????
well it was gained because he could not workout because of the injury.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:08 pm

We saw spurts of what he could do and thought he was decent after 10 games. He is so fast and tough to guard. His only issue I saw was his outside shot which also improved throughout the year. Heard he was shooting well this summer so I would expect he and Naji to have very good years
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:39 pm

I expect him to be an impact player defensively along with Marshall and others. X had the athletes, length, and depth to pressure more. I never understand why CM never did, especially when he got throttled by teams like Nova who showed him the template. I expect Steele to pressure a lot more this year.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”