Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star Zeb Jackson

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 22175
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star Zeb Jackson

Postby muskieman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star four-star Zeb Jackson
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4822
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star Zeb Jackson

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:44 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:57 pm
Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star four-star Zeb Jackson
What are you trying to say here? I’ll make a leap of faith and say that both went to watch Zeb play. As we’ve learned, verbal commitments, even ones months away from making it official. can be tenuous, so I won’t get real excited if Zeb commits now. It’s great to see that Coach Steele is still able to recruit at a high level, after getting 3 great grad transfer after Mack left for L-Ville, after a pathetic recruiting effort. Me thinks he was a little distracted recruiting for the Cards during the season, and trying to push the narrative that flaming out in the 1st weekend as heavy favorites in 2 of the last three years was an anomaly. As he “classlessly (sic)” said when he left to buoy his excuses, “He could not recruit the kind of players at X that he can at L-Ville, which contributed to his performance. Perhaps playing dodgeball instead of teaching defense may have contributed to it as well.

I was actually growing fond of Coach Mack, and held no ill will towards him when he accepted a top 10 bball job (despite his lackluster results) until he felt the inexplicable need to take a shot at the recruits he had at X. Funny that he failed to mention that he woke up on 3rd base (the worst kept secret in cbb that year) in his inaugural year, and left Coach Steele in a lurch when he left. I hope karma does its thing in Louisville this year.
roster
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star Zeb Jackson

Postby roster » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:02 pm

I think he was trying to say
"Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star four-star Zeb Jackson"
As for your rant, try giving it a rest for a while. You've told us this several times now.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4822
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star Zeb Jackson

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:23 pm

roster wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:02 pm
I think he was trying to say
"Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star four-star Zeb Jackson"
As for your rant, try giving it a rest for a while. You've told us this several times now.
Thanks for the constructive *****. Feel free to put me on ignore. BTW, congrats. You've made 3 posts this year, and are already in the running for posting two of the dumbest, I mean unwise ones. A team needs 3 point guards? Considering Goodin and Scruggs will occupy 38.5 minutes at pg per game (the other 1:30 reserved for walk-ones during blowouts), it would be quite difficult to recruit a quality one. You probably think a baseball team needs 5 catchers as well.

My apologies if you think the tone was a little rough. I was chastised by the Sr Mods at our annual retreat this summer to come out of my shell.
roster
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star Zeb Jackson

Postby roster » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:15 pm

My! You sure are full of yourself! I notice you didn't bother denying your multiple, tiresome rants about Mack. And what difference does it make how often I post? Is that the best you got? By the way, a team needs three players who can play point in case of a illness, injury or foul trouble, but based on the way I have seen you analyze anything, I can see how you missed that. Feel free to put me on ignore.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 22175
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star Zeb Jackson

Postby muskieman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:16 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:44 pm
muskieman wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:57 pm
Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star four-star Zeb Jackson
What are you trying to say here? I’ll make a leap of faith and say that both went to watch Zeb play. As we’ve learned, verbal commitments, even ones months away from making it official. can be tenuous, so I won’t get real excited if Zeb commits now. It’s great to see that Coach Steele is still able to recruit at a high level, after getting 3 great grad transfer after Mack left for L-Ville, after a pathetic recruiting effort. Me thinks he was a little distracted recruiting for the Cards during the season, and trying to push the narrative that flaming out in the 1st weekend as heavy favorites in 2 of the last three years was an anomaly. As he “classlessly (sic)” said when he left to buoy his excuses, “He could not recruit the kind of players at X that he can at L-Ville, which contributed to his performance. Perhaps playing dodgeball instead of teaching defense may have contributed to it as well.

I was actually growing fond of Coach Mack, and held no ill will towards him when he accepted a top 10 bball job (despite his lackluster results) until he felt the inexplicable need to take a shot at the recruits he had at X. Funny that he failed to mention that he woke up on 3rd base (the worst kept secret in cbb that year) in his inaugural year, and left Coach Steele in a lurch when he left. I hope karma does its thing in Louisville this year.
considering it is the "home visit" period, which you should know if you follow college basketball, therefore you should know that means the schools make home visits.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4822
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star Zeb Jackson

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:33 am

muskieman wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:16 am
Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:44 pm
muskieman wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:57 pm
Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star four-star Zeb Jackson
What are you trying to say here? I’ll make a leap of faith and say that both went to watch Zeb play. As we’ve learned, verbal commitments, even ones months away from making it official. can be tenuous, so I won’t get real excited if Zeb commits now. It’s great to see that Coach Steele is still able to recruit at a high level, after getting 3 great grad transfer after Mack left for L-Ville, after a pathetic recruiting effort. Me thinks he was a little distracted recruiting for the Cards during the season, and trying to push the narrative that flaming out in the 1st weekend as heavy favorites in 2 of the last three years was an anomaly. As he “classlessly (sic)” said when he left to buoy his excuses, “He could not recruit the kind of players at X that he can at L-Ville, which contributed to his performance. Perhaps playing dodgeball instead of teaching defense may have contributed to it as well.

I was actually growing fond of Coach Mack, and held no ill will towards him when he accepted a top 10 bball job (despite his lackluster results) until he felt the inexplicable need to take a shot at the recruits he had at X. Funny that he failed to mention that he woke up on 3rd base (the worst kept secret in cbb that year) in his inaugural year, and left Coach Steele in a lurch when he left. I hope karma does its thing in Louisville this year.
considering it is the "home visit" period, which you should know if you follow college basketball, therefore you should know that means the schools make home visits.
Thank you sir. i knew that, and still couldn't connect the dots. Like Daniel, as hard as I try, I'll never achieve the wisdom of the Board's sensei.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4822
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star Zeb Jackson

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:39 am

roster wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:15 pm
My! You sure are full of yourself! I notice you didn't bother denying your multiple, tiresome rants about Mack. And what difference does it make how often I post? Is that the best you got? By the way, a team needs three players who can play point in case of a illness, injury or foul trouble, but based on the way I have seen you analyze anything, I can see how you missed that. Feel free to put me on ignore.
Roster,

As a Jr, soon to be full fledged Mod, I'll give you a pass. I know that when I type the word insightful into the computer, it auto corrects to tiresome. I see your point regarding needing three players per position. I just didn't realize the NCAA increased the number of players allowed to dress to 15. In retrospect, I think you will become a lodestar on this Board I feel privileged to moderate.
kyzrex
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:35 am
Contact:

Re: Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star Zeb Jackson

Postby kyzrex » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:17 am

AH must be off his meds again......

Talk about “tiresome”.....pot, meet kettle. :roll:
#WHYNOTX?
muskienick
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Arizona State and Xavier are in today for 2020 four-star Zeb Jackson

Postby muskienick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:37 am

kyzrex wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:17 am
AH must be off his meds again......

Talk about “tiresome”.....pot, meet kettle. :roll:
Are we absolutely sure that 'AH,' in this case, doesn't stand for something else?
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests