Dahmir Bishop

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Dahmir Bishop

Postby muskieman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:43 pm

Steele lands 4 star guard Bishop says : It is a dream come true. he told the Cincinnati Enquirer6'5" combo guard #15 combo guard in country and overall #100 Dante bags his first X beats out Rhode Island , Penn State, Wake Forest, Texas, Marquette and that school that is close to X. RI was said to have been one of the biggest competitions. He committed less than a week after he took his O visit. He also plans to help in X recruiting.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Re: Dahmir Bishop

Postby muskieman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:03 pm

with the class 0f 2019 almost complete it will be interesting who will be the next person names of some are Jalen Gaffney and Harlond Beverley but a kid named Brandon Newman is still in the mix. I thought X might get either Newman or Bishop but maybe they get both and make that combo guard position set. Then there is Louisville player named David Johnson who might be a long shot but the way Travis and company have been working you never know
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:12 pm

BTW the 2019 class is looking like Dieonte Miles, Daniel Ramsey, Zach Freemantle, and now Bishop, a point would be nice. Miles would be the only 3 star with the others 4 stars. Miles is he keeps growing could be a surprise for X fans but by the time he signs he might be a 4 star as his play in some tourneys had increased his stock. He would be X's rim protector and while a project my thinking is build the body and he will be just fine.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:00 pm

https://twitter.com/dahh215/status/1040750455595393026 I thought I would share his video of his announcement....hope it works
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:26 am

First off....Welcome to you Dahmir! We look forward to having you as part of the Xavier family. If you hang around these boards, you will see that being a part of the family does not end when you graduate either. I hope you have a wonderful career and more importantly take advantage of the education you will get on and off the court. First thing to learn....it’s not EX.zavier it’s ZAvier. Rookie mistake, we’ll give ya a pass for now. Don’t let it happen again.... :D

Secondly....

With Odom class of 2020 already verbally committing, I don’t think that X is in real bad need of a point guard in this class. Q will be around 2 more years. Scruggs at least that long, and don’t forget about Harden. We don’t know what he is capable of yet. Doesn’t mean that they won’t get one for the 2019 class, but I don’t see it as a desperate need at this point (no pun intended).

I think that Newman is probably the most likely, but who knows? Maybe they decide to fill out the scholarships and get commitments from 2 more players, not just 1? Maybe they go after another wing? Can never have to much size either. Remember when they had Reynolds and Farr starting, and O’Mera was a bench player picking up minutes here and there?

The great thing at this point is that X can afford to be a little choosy. They had taken care of real needs, and can look for players that compliment the others already committed. They may even keep a scholly open in case a player “blows up” in their senior year and needs a home for their college years. Lots of choices and X is currently in the driver’s seat.

The more things change, the more they stay the same......😁
#WHYNOTX?
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:38 pm

muskieman wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:12 pm
BTW the 2019 class is looking like Dieonte Miles, Daniel Ramsey, Zach Freemantle, and now Bishop, a point would be nice. Miles would be the only 3 star with the others 4 stars. Miles is he keeps growing could be a surprise for X fans but by the time he signs he might be a 4 star as his play in some tourneys had increased his stock. He would be X's rim protector and while a project my thinking is build the body and he will be just fine.
I prefer a sharp shooting wing like Beram. Tough competition though, with L-Ville & MSU in the mix. Odom, I believe is going to reclassify for 19,' and the coaching staff did a very smart thing by all going on his in home visit. I'm sure the big schools X beat out for his services will still be in his ear until the ink is dry.

Steele hasn't been a HC for one second, but he went to the prestigious camp (don't recall the name) where the best assistants attend. He was also the architect for the offense, which is how X beat teams. I am very confident he will be a very good HC in time. I just hope some of our less patient fans (yes, I'm looking right at you Muskienick) give him time to get comfortable in his new role.

He didn't wake up on third base. He was sleeping on a cot in the dugout, but has been hitting triples and homers since assuming the role.

On a different note, I heard from an insider on this board that:

-Welage is struggling to find his shot.
-Hankins is shocking the staff with his skillset.

I'll say it now: X rolls the Felines in Clifton.
madness31

Postby madness31 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:18 am

Seems the coaches are doing a great job with recruiting. This definitely bodes well for the future. If coaches believe some players will depart early via transfer or NBA then they should definitely fill out the roster assuming the talent is available. Saving scholarships makes sense if they can't find the right guys or believe everyone is staying 4 years as it could be problematic to replace everyone all at once next time around.

The first hurdle of a coaching change seems to be a non factor. Getting quality recruits for a first time head coach can be problematic so it is great to see X not having any issues here. Most likely the history of X coaching changes resulting in continued success helps as does knowing our new coach was expected to be a head coach very soon somewhere.

Hopefully the grad transfers and the young Muskies will keep the team afloat this year before reloading in 2019. I expect a solid year but believe an upside surprise is possible.
muskienick

Postby muskienick » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:34 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:38 pm
muskieman wrote:
I prefer a sharp shooting wing like Beram. Tough competition though, with L-Ville & MSU in the mix. Odom, I believe is going to reclassify for 19,' and the coaching staff did a very smart thing by all going on his in home visit. I'm sure the big schools X beat out for his services will still be in his ear until the ink is dry.

Steele hasn't been a HC for one second, but he went to the prestigious camp (don't recall the name) where the best assistants attend. He was also the architect for the offense, which is how X beat teams. I am very confident he will be a very good HC in time. I just hope some of our less patient fans (yes, I'm looking right at you Muskienick) give him time to get comfortable in his new role.

He didn't wake up on third base. He was sleeping on a cot in the dugout, but has been hitting triples and homers since assuming the role.

Yes, AH, I am historically the most impatient XU fan in the world. So impatient that I have been a season ticket holder since the Schmidt Fieldhouse days of the 1960's and 70's and the "Glory Days of Muskie Basketball with Dick Campbell as head coach! Impatient enough to somehow see my way through the ever-so-encouraging days of Bob Staak turning Xavier rusty iron into shiny copper; Pete Gillen changing that copper into silver; Skip Prosser and Thad Matta turning the silver into gold; and Sean Miller and Chris Mack changing the Gold into Platinum. I will likely continue being impatient as I experience the transformation of XU Platinum into Diamonds by the magic of (ironically-named) Travis Steele!

Dream on, AH!!! (And you know very well to what I am referring when I use those initials to describe you.)
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:10 pm

“Never get into a mud wrestling contest with a pig. After awhile nobody can tell who is who. And the pig enjoys it.”

:D
#WHYNOTX?
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:54 pm

muskienick wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:34 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:38 pm
muskieman wrote:

Yes, AH, I am historically the most impatient XU fan in the world. So impatient that I have been a season ticket holder since the Schmidt Fieldhouse days of the 1960's and 70's and the "Glory Days of Muskie Basketball with Dick Campbell as head coach! Impatient enough to somehow see my way through the ever-so-encouraging days of Bob Staak turning Xavier rusty iron into shiny copper; Pete Gillen changing that copper into silver; Skip Prosser and Thad Matta turning the silver into gold; and Sean Miller and Chris Mack changing the Gold into Platinum. I will likely continue being impatient as I experience the transformation of XU Platinum into Diamonds by the magic of (ironically-named) Travis Steele!

Dream on, AH!!! (And you know very well to what I am referring when I use those initials to describe you.)
Muskienick,

It seems like yesterday when I first arrived at Xavier University in the late 60s, as a very handsome, yet shy freshman on that tiny university off of Victory Parkway. I remember struggling to carry my trunk up the stairs to my dorm, only to hear a bellowing but friendly voice ask, ”Do you need help my future Musketeer friend?” I was in awe as you picked up my trunk in one hand, and a grand piano in the other up 3 flights of stairs. I remember going to our 1st mixer together, where you helped me meet lovely coeds by you and me doing that “Who’s on 1st” routine all night. I also remember those crazy pranks we played like the one before the Shootout in 73,’, when we snuck a family of Komodo Dragons into the Principal’s office at UC. I’ll cherish those memories forever.

However, despite that, as a nearly full-fledged Moderator, Shadow has reminded me time and time again that the integrity of the Board comes before lifelong friends. When you slip up, I am obligated to knock you down a rung. However, know that the hand that helps you back up, is the same one which shook yours almost 50 years ago. Now, before I log off because my vision is blurred by streaming tears, I’ll say one more thing. I am in awe of your reaction to my verbal spanking. I thank you for saying All HAIL to me. I say right back at you my friend.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”