Next years Classic for X

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Next years Classic for X

Postby muskieman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:35 pm

Xavier is going to be in the Charleston Classic
Presently possible opponents are Missouri State and if X gets paired with them they will get to see one time commit Jarred Ridder, UConn, Florida, Miami, Penn State, Saint Joseph's, and Towson. Not a great field but some interesting possible matchups
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Re: Next years Classic for X

Postby muskieman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:19 pm

what do you think about this tourney?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:02 am

A really decent field, but definitely a step down from the Maui Classic in terms of top quality. However, playing in the SE will possibly give potential recruits a better chance of actually seeing X in person. UConn should be good, along with Miami, Florida, and Penn State.

A big plus for me is that Charleston is one of my favorite cities to visit any time of the year.
#WHYNOTX?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:21 pm

kyzrex wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:02 am
A really decent field, but definitely a step down from the Maui Classic in terms of top quality. However, playing in the SE will possibly give potential recruits a better chance of actually seeing X in person. UConn should be good, along with Miami, Florida, and Penn State.

A big plus for me is that Charleston is one of my favorite cities to visit any time of the year.
I agree that field not as strong as this years but I too like the venue. I hope to be headed there next year too!(GOD willing)
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 am

The field is decent, as Fla will probably be a top 10 team. Miami will potentially be ranked high as well. I just hope X can avoid the Townson side of the bracket. I'd rather lose to a highly ranked team than beat Townson by 25, as the former would help their SOS & RPI more than beating a low, low major.
Last edited by Anti-Homer on Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PT71

Postby PT71 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:39 pm

...or, even Towson.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”