Tonight's Exhibition Game

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
bluegrass

Re: Tonight's Exhibition Game

Postby bluegrass » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:17 pm

jct1941 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:16 am
I too am wondering -why didn't Hankins play. Without Goodin and or Hankins we can kiss the season a bust. Interesting!
Both hurt.Not sure what was wrong with Hankins but sounds like he will be there Tuesday night.Q still uncertain for opener per Shannon Russell
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:50 am

What's plan b is Goodin continue to fight injuries? Scruggs at the point against team with small quicker guards will be a struggle.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:34 pm

thecoach wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:50 am
What's plan b is Goodin continue to fight injuries? Scruggs at the point against team with small quicker guards will be a struggle.
why do you think he will continue to fight injuries? I remember you saying the same thing when Ed went down and Q took over(how did that season turn out?). Have some faith man!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:53 pm

It's not a statement, it's a question as your post illustrates. Guys get hurt it's a reality of all sports, and when Sumner went down there was at least another kid who played pg. You can get away with playing off guards at the point against lessor competition, but i can't see where any of these other guards has ever played point unless i'm wrong. I think they've all played off the ball. It's unfortunate they weren't able to bring a juco pg in even if it wasn't a highly ranked kid.
Theology73

Postby Theology73 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:50 am

bluegrass wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:17 pm
jct1941 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:16 am
I too am wondering -why didn't Hankins play. Without Goodin and or Hankins we can kiss the season a bust. Interesting!
Both hurt.Not sure what was wrong with Hankins but sounds like he will be there Tuesday night.Q still uncertain for opener per Shannon Russell
Hankins tweaked a knee in practice. Should be ready to go Tuesday depending on how he practices. Goodin is less of a possibility for Tuesday, also depending on practice.
Mark Twain was wrong. Golf is NOT a good walk spoiled. It is a shared personal experience in a majestic wonderland guided by God, whose name is called frequently during the round.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:32 am

I do believe that they are going to be overly cautious with Q, and if there is ANY chance of additional INJURY they will keep him out of any practice or game situations. Use these very early games to give others experience on the court and keep Q out until he is completely healed.
#WHYNOTX?
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:51 am

skyhops wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:28 am
Attending the game with Skyhops Jr last night. My sources said that if the grad transfer from Dakota went to X vs Gonzaga that Hardin was going to transfer, but since he didn't he is staying. Hopefully Hardin can become a solid contributor, but I have not seen much so far. There is a significant drop off after Q and Scruggs, but I think we all knew that depth would be an issue at guard.
Naji looks like an NBA player and I have to agree again with Homer that I can't imagine him not on an all league team at seasons end. Tyrique looked good as well although he could have had 30 points today, but good effort. Really impressed with Scruggs, who really seems confident offensively and we all know his defense will be there. Welage although miss a number of three's looks to be the shooter we will need. He has a nice stroke and height to shoot over smaller defenders. I'm sure Gates is kicking himself for leaving early because we could use him. Everyone else played pretty much as advertised both Freshmen looked solid and I believe James will see valuable minutes. Depth is an issue, but we will be one of the tougher teams in the league.
i wasn't at the game but i'm a fan of this "positivity" from Skyhops. maybe his boy CM leaving has given him a more positive outlook on the Muskies. not sure. ;)

from another fan who was at the game "they looked lazy". so there you have it.

two takes from two different fans.

let's see how tomorrow night goes.
madness31

Postby madness31 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Harden played 19 minutes so he had opportunities. I didn't see the game so no idea how he looked but 0 turnovers, 2 steals and 2 assists in those minutes is encouraging. Shooting was obviously not good but everyone has off nights shooting the ball periodically.

I could definitely see his minutes get reduced with Q in the line-up but hopefully the coach tries to develop these guys early in the season so that they are there to provide quality depth as needed. There seem to be plenty of games where the bench should get minutes this year.

Nice start to the year.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”