O'Mara POM

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

O'Mara POM

Postby muskieman » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:47 pm

named Player of the month for BC Nokia 21.5 points per game, 8.3 rebounds per game, 2.2 assists per game. Good job Sean
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
madness31

Re: O'Mara POM

Postby madness31 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:28 pm

SOM should have a nice career. Mack was never a fan of utilizing the talent on the blocks so he is capable of so much more than what we saw at X. He has great post moves to be an offensive force. He isn't going to be an NBA talent as the league has moved away from traditional centers but should have a nice career playing professionally all around the world.
Big Boys

Postby Big Boys » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:49 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:47 pm
named Player of the month for BC Nokia 21.5 points per game, 8.3 rebounds per game, 2.2 assists per game. Good job Sean
Sean was named top player in entire league for month on October.
Has been named top player in the entire league for several different weeks during the season.
He has been listed as one of the top players each week nearly every week of the season.
Averaging 18 points 8 rebounds 2 assists and 1 block per game.
ChitownSteve

Postby ChitownSteve » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:38 pm

Great to learn.

Was a little disappointed on Sunday, during the Villanova game, when Sean was not included in the list by the announcers of those contributors who departed from last year.

Another example of a X player who stuck to, and with, the program through early challenges, succeeding in the end.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:03 pm

ChitownSteve wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:38 pm
Great to learn.

Was a little disappointed on Sunday, during the Villanova game, when Sean was not included in the list by the announcers of those contributors who departed from last year.

Another example of a X player who stuck to, and with, the program through early challenges, succeeding in the end.
him and Jason Love - 2 that i'll remember most who everyone thought "maybe they're not gonna make it 4 years or will transfer", but did just the opposite and helped put a huge stamp on the Xavier program their senior year.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:00 pm

longliveskip wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:03 pm
ChitownSteve wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:38 pm
Great to learn.

him and Jason Love - 2 that i'll remember most who everyone thought "maybe they're not gonna make it 4 years or will transfer", but did just the opposite and helped put a huge stamp on the Xavier program their senior year.
Add Big Game James Farr to that list. I think he played a total of 42 minutes in his freshman year - and 22 of those was in the first game of the year against Farleigh Dickinson.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:58 pm

I think SOM was one of the best representatives of a cbb player. He was talked out of transferring out after his sophomore year, and probably thought he'd be the man down low his senior year. Then X smartly got Kantner, which reduced SOM's playing time significantly, but he never publicly complained, cheered on his teammates, and was one of X's best pure low post scorers since Obi Harris. He deserves all the success he's getting.
Big Boys

Postby Big Boys » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:10 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:58 pm
I think SOM was one of the best representatives of a cbb player. He was talked out of transferring out after his sophomore year, and probably thought he'd be the man down low his senior year. Then X smartly got Kantner, which reduced SOM's playing time significantly, but he never publicly complained, cheered on his teammates, and was one of X's best pure low post scorers since Obi Harris. He deserves all the success he's getting.
Was selected as starter for Korisliiga All Star team that traveled to Estonia last week and played the Estonia and Latvia all star team. Scored 16 points with 5 rebounds.
Big Boys

Postby Big Boys » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:26 pm

Big Boys wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:10 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:58 pm
Was selected as starter for Korisliiga All Star team that traveled to Estonia last week and played the Estonia and Latvia all star team. Scored 16 points with 5 rebounds.
Word is Sean has already signed his next contact to play in Australia this summer.
finalfourorbust

Postby finalfourorbust » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:26 pm

Off topic but still in reference to a recent grad, Kiaser Gates had 28 points and 10 rebounds for Windy City in the NBA G League last night. More than he ever scored for X.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”