Undisciplined...

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
skyhops

Re: Undisciplined...

Postby skyhops » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:37 pm

I finished the game late and wondered why no Hankins and Welage. Jones has no clue how to guard the pick and roll and Caistlin is not a threat to score.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:05 pm

Jones appears to watch the pick and roll rather than guard it. He freezes like he's seen a ghost. I do not think i've ever seen a guy so disabled defensively by it. It's curious to watch.
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:44 am

I am not very encouraged after this loss. We should have been beaten by you pick the number. We fought courageously to get back to OT. Many issues. Seems we should play our best scorers more, they did not start in OT which is most puzzling and we did not score a basket in OT!! We have serious problems at Pt Guard.....Q pumped up 19 attempts with 3 positive results including 7 turnovers?? Why would our staff not call a TO and demand he run the offensive sets to get our best scorers the best shots. Work the ball quickly around not dribble through 2-3 defenders to attempt a layup or shoot from the the 3 point line. Poor #0 looks totally lost out there. Why do we come out after half time and look like we are not yet warmed up? Auburn must of had 5 steals in the first 2 minutes! Auburn plays like they are in crisis mode all the time.
In all fairness we are not very talented for the competition we are now playing and will be playing. The effort is there. Our recent recruiting class will be a huge help. I just hope this team and coach does not fall apart emotionally. They are so used to winning its hard to handle set backs consistently.

Having said all of that negative BS.....Lets' go X
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:37 am

Feel your pain JoeAbe..... We have horrific PG play. That has been the common thread early this season. I wondered also why Wellage did not start OT but then hindsight is always 20/20. Also troubling is that our main three of Scruggs, Goodin and Marshall seem to have a collective "prima'Donna" attitude and only seem to pass to anyone not in that threesome club if all else fails. Twice in OT either Goodin or Marshall forced a silly strained shot when Castlin was wide-stinking-open for a baseline 3. Again, we can dissect a million ways to Sunday, but bottom line is pitiful overall PG play. Hopefully Goodin is suffering the lingering effects of missed time. Hopefully he will quickly catch up and round into form. Hopefully, cuz we got zip backup options.
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:21 pm

looking forward to 2019 and 2020....this is a growing year for the coach and the players. lol
Biggernlife

Postby Biggernlife » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:36 am

Lucidity.... I have noticed the same referencing our big three only passing to each other! Often I see Wellage all alone in the corner and one of the three either misses him or forces an ill advised drive in to traffic or both. Id personally rather see Wellage miss one than watch an ill advised shot. Our passes are So less than crisp! Lastly why cant both big men score with the dunk rather than miss a bunny. M A D D E NI N G !!! ...... Biggernlife
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fuWH0dYago

* L-O-N-G road ahead. Scoring droughts and poor PG play will be an obstacle to overcome all year. Hopefully this group melds together and develop some of that coveted & often elusive "chemistry" sooner rather than later. They are pressing right now, which is natural.
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:07 pm

Just took a look and SDSU is down by 25 with 8 min left vs Iowa St!
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:10 pm

1st half stats against Illinois - 11 turnovers and only 6 assists
Same story of the all the games this year.
Sloppy passing and ball handling.
And they don't share the ball.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”