SDSU Thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
skyhops

Re: SDSU Thread

Postby skyhops » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:48 pm

Steele could have mixed up better on defense and also capitalize on Hardin's hot shooting. Welage and Marshall looked they go hold of some of Anti Homer's Acapulco Gold today and Q looks bad and he is a junior.
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:33 pm

They lost the 19 point lead almost as quickly as they built it. That's what made this game hard to stomach. Once things fell apart, they really fell apart. It was like 2 different teams .
bmuskies

Postby bmuskies » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:35 pm

On a positive note Harden played well. Need to him to play more and sit Castlin guy has not brought anything to this team since transfering from Columbia. Xavier getting beat on ball screen defense as someone said on the Espn broadcast.
harryfe

Postby harryfe » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:05 pm

SDSU loses to Iowa State by 30 !!!
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:24 pm

XavierBob wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:07 pm
I used to post all the time on various message boards. I was a bit psychotic, too high after wins and too low and angry after losses. As I got older I kept my opinions to myself, hell, I wasn’t coaching and I bitched too much. I have several friends that I go to games with and talk XU hoops. It has amazed me during the last few Mack years how X consistently frittered away leads. Seems like the trend will continue. Too much freedom, up 19 play smart but that is no longer in our bag of tricks. I’ve said for years just because of the law of averages X would someday hire the wrong guy. I like Travis I would have hired him also hopefully this isn’t a mistake. I know it’s early but I don’t like the deer in the headlights look. I know he knows the game and can recruit, his mantra has been I’m the same guy I’ve always been. He has moved one seat over he might need to be a different guy.
That was Byron's comment at the Musketer Club event at Delicio's - Travis was the "good cop" to Mack's "bad cop"
Think he has to transition to being the "bad cop"
Time will tell if he can do that.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”