Bill Walton is high on something

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
73 grad

Bill Walton is high on something

Postby 73 grad » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:58 pm

I have never heard an announcer ramble so much. Please complain to ESPN about him. I don't think he even wants to be there, he is so into himself, loves to hear himself talk.
mumuskie87

Re: Bill Walton is high on something

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:05 pm

I finally just turned the down the sound on my TV
Just couldn't take it anymore.
Terrible broadcaster
And if X continues to play like this I might just have to turn off the TV.
It has been tough last few days to watch them play.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:13 pm

I can't really blame him that game is a mess.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:26 pm

thecoach wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:13 pm
I can't really blame him that game is a mess.
Then don't watch it.
UC plays this Friday.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Sonoma Muskie

Postby Sonoma Muskie » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:21 am

Bill Walton suffers from Bipolar Disorder. It is tragic. I also have the mental disease. I have the crazy disease first hand.The manic phase presents a wildly over-active behavior. The Depressive phase entails very severe, immobilizing depression. A biochemical switch in the brain of the person seems to click in the on & off. It is very tragic, devastating disease. The victim tragically has very little or absolutely NO control over the manifestations of the disease

Medications such a Wellbutrin/bupropion can control the abnormal, pathological neural chemistry of the suffering patient.
But they do not always completely bring the desired result of delivering proper modulation of the bizzare symptoms.
It is obvious that Bill Walton is exhibiting this behavior LIVE on nationally-broadcasted TV. ESPN is cruelly & cynically exploiting him.
We should sympatheticly pity Bill Walton. It is morally reprehensible of ESPN to exhibit his frailty to the nationwide viewers for the ratings & the almighty $$$$. ESPN should be chastised & scorned by the viewing public.
From my own personal experience I know that Manic-Depressive Bipolar disorder devastes the victim’s life. It is NO picnic.
Maybe the psychologists & psychiatrists on the board may want to provide us with their educated opinions?
God bless us all & hope we all have a wonderful THANKSGIVING celebration. I have had a blessed life to be thankful for including the great education & wonderful experiences during my 4 years at XAVIER Universitydespite a few bumps in the road! AMDG.
Sincerely,
Romanround, the Sonoma (CA) Muskie XU class of ‘68, when 8 oz Burger drafts cost 15 cents at Dana’s Gardens.
God bless the whole Dan O’Brien(Sr.& Jr.) Family! We’re fortunate & blessed to have had them. A
Sonoma Muskie

Postby Sonoma Muskie » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 am

Apologies. In my post about Bill Walton’ bipolar disease I offered thanks for the “Dan O’Brien Family.”
I should have said “ the whole Dan DelaneyFamily(both Sr. andJr.”)
Please excuse the “senior moment.”
Walton has stated on TV & maybe even in his autobiographical book that in the past he suffered from severe bouts of depression & was constantly contemplating suicide during that very dark period in his life.
As a layman I did not diagnose Walton’s bipolar disorder. But the symptoms are very apparent. A Ph.D in psychology or an M.D degree with a residency in psychiatry is unnecessary to observe the obvious behavior.
He is in the manic phase when mindlessly babbling as on yesterday’s broadcast of the Xavier-Illinois game.
Walton also is very self obsessed. He can only make statements about himsel constantly using the words “I” and “me.” It’s all about Bill, the “big tall redhead.”

Sean McDonough takes the verbal abuse & plays(all the way to the bank) the straight man to Walton exactly like Norton to Jackie Gleason and Lou Costello to Abbot. Anything to keep the show & $$$$ going. Every egomaniac needs a dunce to enable him. Lackeys. Yes men.

As long as I am pontificating, geriatric announcers such Bill Raftery (“onions” how corny & outdated), Dick Vitale, the master of cliches, These guys mention “Bob Cousy of Holy Cross & Boston Celtic Hall of Farmer.” Well over half of the TV audience were not even born then! Nothing is more pathetic that an old man trying to act like a 30 something young buck. It is the easiest way to prove that you are in fact an old codger.
Brent Musburger had the good sense to retire as he approached senility.
These guys are dinosaurs. They are old war horses who should be mercifully put out to pasture. To shoot them would be a mercy killing, BUT also murder nonetheless.
Question? Is there any subject in the whole realm of human knowledge from the beginning of time that Bill Walton is not the absolute expert in the entire human race? Didn’t think so. Definitely not in Bill Walton’s incredibly swollen head.
By the way I am 72 yro.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:37 am

You said it, Sonoma Muskie, and you said it on the nose. Speaking of Dan O'Brien, I was a friend of Xavier great, Mayo Mohs. I stay
in touch with his family in MN.
Sonoma Muskie

Postby Sonoma Muskie » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:27 am

Edgecliff, it should have stated “the entire Dan DELANEY(not O’Brien Family).Sorry for the error.
I did not know Mayo Mohs, but there is a Mayo winery here in Sonoma, Ca.
Some rather well known medical clinic/hospital complex in Rochester, MN is also bears the name Mayo.
The only Mayo familiar to me is a copiously slathered condiment on the over-stuffered sandwiches I regularly consume.
Izzy’s Deli on Wilshire Blvd in Santa Monica makes huge, delicious sandwiches. Forget NYC’s Stage Deli. Too bad Marvin Davis.

Mohs surgery is a technique performed to remove cancerous lesions from the skin. All Celtic & Northern European bred people should take care to avoid harm to the skin fron excessive sunlight exposure according to my dermatologist who is eager to put his scalpel to my left ear. But I do not want a reprise of an Apostle of J.C. In the garden Gassemeny on the first Holy Thursday immediately after the Last Supper! But Mohs surgery is probably inevitable.
Go Muskies. They are improving game by game.

Wisconsin & Auburn have shown competence making XU’s losses appear to not be so bad after all.
The early season non-conference games is when & where teams iron out the kinks in preparation to their conference schedule,
The Muskies are right on course.
A victory in the Crosstown Shotout vs. UC will mean that we have tightened up a lot of loose ends.
Let’s not try to throw Travis Steele under the bus.
Everyone knew that the 2018-2019 season would be a reloading year. A media outlet referred to XU being in a state of renewal. Enjoy watching the team improve game by game knowing full well that there would be growing pains. To expect a repeat of last year is unrealistic.
Happy Thanksgiving. Please pass the mashed potatoes, gravy & stuffing. Take care, Sonoma Muskie XU ‘68
73 grad

Postby 73 grad » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:32 am

Sickening. As a true basketball fan, I don't tune into a game to hear someone babble about non game related things. I want to hear all about the game. And that is the game being played- not games that are over already. If I want comedy or the absurd, I choose a different show to watch. ESPN- shame on you. If there was a choice, lots of us would not be choosing ESPN. Truly unbelievable. So many talented people in the world that would love the opportunity to give play by play and ESPN goes with this. A disgrace!
McX

Postby McX » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:23 am

Is there any subject in the whole realm of human knowledge from the beginning of time that Bill Walton is not the absolute expert in the entire human race? Didn’t think so.

He didn't know (or pretended he didn't) know about "Mizzou."

Agreed, we are all there for the game. but my take FWIW, it's a Holiday Tournament, let's lighten up a little ALTHOUGH, Walton did border on insufferable with all of his, "this is the most spectacular place on earth," "I rode my bike with (drop a name here) on the Hana Hana Highway to Kahula Point and back to the Muui Lagoon for the most spectacular"........... "oh, hey look another rainbow!" "Have you ever stood on the edge on an active volcano?" "What's your name again?" (this isn't a new gag on Walton games I understand)

Jason Benetti, it seemed, knew what to expect or was warned or maybe has worked with Walton before. Anyway he was the good sport foil/strait man.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”