Bill Walton is high on something

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-lucidity

Re: Bill Walton is high on something

Postby X-lucidity » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:14 pm

Terrific post McX..! agree. We X fans look at it through a narrow prism. The game means the world to us and it should. But these are not local announcers or an X-market broadcast. This is ESPN and the network is beaming out globally. This was not the tourney title game nor even the 4th place game. It was a battle to not go 0-3..! Walton's job is to keep some viewers, as many as possible. He is a different cat, would I want him covering a vital game for us? No, but some of his meanderings were interesting and never predictable. Just fine for an early season, mostly meaningless, 7th place battle. Here's a thought X, win a few and earn some more meaningful games down the stretch.

PS. HUGE win for us. The diff between coming back 0-3 and 1-2 ending on a high note is enormous. Still rag-tag offense with puzzling PG play and WAY too much individual dribbling. But at least we covered the give-n-go & slip-screen action better than the 1st two woeful games.
baby steps folks, baby steps... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA7LGqwjhYs
skyhops

Re: Bill Walton is high on something

Postby skyhops » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:18 pm

I don't mind Bill Walton, but then again I'm a little different too. Nice win last night, hopefully can build some momentum. Kennedy and Hardin were huge in this game and I think Steele probably realizes he didn't play Hardin enough in the Tourney. I'll be happy if I don't see Naji or Q ever shoot a 3. Happy Thanksgiving.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”