Lou loses to go to 3-2....because

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Xavier2005
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:58 pm
Contact:

Lou loses to go to 3-2....because

Postby Xavier2005 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:28 pm

Louisville/Mack plays 3 sisters of the poor teams and goes 3-0.....then loses to Tennessee and Marquette ...better teams. Now 3-2.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4904
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Lou loses to go to 3-2....because

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:36 am

Xavier2005 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:28 pm
Louisville/Mack plays 3 sisters of the poor teams and goes 3-0.....then loses to Tennessee and Marquette ...better teams. Now 3-2.
I'm pretty sure that by the end of the year, their SOS will be in the top 20, while X's will look like UC's, especially since the BE is considerably down this year. I watched part of the Tenn game, and they were playing them well until the 7 or 8-minute mark, then imploded. Then, they lost to a top 3 team in the BE, in a close game.

I'm no longer a fan or CM because of how he left, but he has a talented team and a great recruiting class. They'll be fine.
Michigan Musketeer
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Lou loses to go to 3-2....because

Postby Michigan Musketeer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:12 am

Next up for Mack and his Cardinals is a very good Mich State team who will be moving up in the polls after winning the Las Vegas Invitational beating UCLA & Texas. Mich State is the only original Big Ten team in my lifetime that has never played X. Pretty sure that X has at least one win over every other original Big Ten team. I will be surprised if Mack and his cheaters can hang with the Spartans.
X-Expert
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Lou loses to go to 3-2....because

Postby X-Expert » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:56 am

not a Mack guy for the crap he left X with but hard to rip on Louisville when you compare them to X. X has pretty much beaten only bad teams and 2 of those were very close games. Heck X loses to SDSU who turn and lose by 30 to Iowa St. I am just hopeful that the win vs Illinois will get them on the right track. It sure looks like Hardin will start to play more and maybe even Kennedy. I know Goodin and Marshall may not want to play this way but X is best with balanced scoring and lesser shots taken by these two. They are just not great shooters and for that reason, easy to guard X as a team. X needs Welage, Hardin, and Kennedy to force defenses to guard on the perimeter and allow for Goodin and Marshall to slash. Hankins and Jones can dunk but outside of 3 feet, they are not an offensive threat-at least against decent talent. Scruggs has been very good and unselfish.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4904
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Lou loses to go to 3-2....because

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:29 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:56 am
not a Mack guy for the crap he left X with but hard to rip on Louisville when you compare them to X. X has pretty much beaten only bad teams and 2 of those were very close games. Heck X loses to SDSU who turn and lose by 30 to Iowa St. I am just hopeful that the win vs Illinois will get them on the right track. It sure looks like Hardin will start to play more and maybe even Kennedy. I know Goodin and Marshall may not want to play this way but X is best with balanced scoring and lesser shots taken by these two. They are just not great shooters and for that reason, easy to guard X as a team. X needs Welage, Hardin, and Kennedy to force defenses to guard on the perimeter and allow for Goodin and Marshall to slash. Hankins and Jones can dunk but outside of 3 feet, they are not an offensive threat-at least against decent talent. Scruggs has been very good and unselfish.
To your point, Goodin and Marshall have taken the most treys, with Scruggs, a little behind them in 3rd. They shoot 29%, 21%, & 33% respectively. I think Scrugg's percentage will get better, as with Marshall's, because his is so abysmal, but I think any game where they shoot more than 8 treys collectively is great for the opposition.

Harden or Welage, whoever has the hot hand, needs to get more minutes, at the expense of the big 3. They should be on the court at the same time periodically, if they're both hot. The way Goodin continues to take treys at a clip comparable to Tre's, is truly bewildering, and not a great reflection on a HC who is supposed to have great offensive acumen. His consecutive shots against SDST with 2 minutes to go sealed X's fate.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 22245
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Lou loses to go to 3-2....because

Postby muskieman » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:22 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:28 pm
Louisville/Mack plays 3 sisters of the poor teams and goes 3-0.....then loses to Tennessee and Marquette ...better teams. Now 3-2.
they did have a nice win over #8 MSU
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4904
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Lou loses to go to 3-2....because

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:48 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:22 pm
Xavier2005 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:28 pm
Louisville/Mack plays 3 sisters of the poor teams and goes 3-0.....then loses to Tennessee and Marquette ...better teams. Now 3-2.
they did have a nice win over #8 MSU
They had a shot to beat Tenn as well. CM may be a douche, but he is a good coach. However, he has not proven to be a big game coach. He wilted in grand fashion virtually every game but one against Nova (which I believed was a factor in his decision to leave), and somehow failed to make it out of the 1st weekend in 2 of the last 3 years despite being seeded as a two and one seed in those years.. He didn’t inherit a bad team either. These are players who Pitino recruited. I’m sure the avg ranking of their top 8 players is as high as Tandy’s, X’s highest rated player next year. There was nothing wrong with him going to L-Ville. It’s a top 7 bball program. What was wrong was his dereliction of duty and treasonous activites at X last year. Otherwise, AH would be a fan, and his incessant calls to me wouldn’t go unanswered. He blew it!

Seacrest Out.
webxu
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Lou loses to go to 3-2....because

Postby webxu » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:08 am

I want him to fail.. and fail hard.
Xavier2005
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Lou loses to go to 3-2....because

Postby Xavier2005 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:45 am

Mack may lose many games and never succeed to a Final Four...even at Louisville. He may be a good to very good coach, but not yet a great coach. But but but lol Mack will never be a loser or fail to succeed.....because he has already succeeded. He has a $4 million a year contract times 7 years!!!!???? That is $28 million....maybe $14 million plus after taxes......not including bonuses he may collect or outside endorsements he may collect. Mack has already grabbed one of the many golden rings some coaches may get....and that makes him a winner in $$$$$$$. I am sure he wants to win and win big, but regardless he will laugh and smile all the way to the bank.
bluegrass
Posts: 3186
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Lou loses to go to 3-2....because

Postby bluegrass » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Mack,love him or hate him,is a good coach and I have no doubt he'll be successful there.Now whether that is up to Louisville standards i.e. FF/National Champs ,is another matter. Then there's the matter of NCAA sanctions but it doesn't looked to have hurt him in recruiting.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests