Miami Game Thread - 11-28-18

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4904
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Miami Game Thread - 11-28-18

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:07 pm

Lenny7169 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:48 am
Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:44 pm
Lenny7169 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:08 am
In regards to those who continue to criticize our point guard, give it a break. How quickly some may forget. Q shot 30 percent from 3 last year. Q also had almost no offseason workouts or shoot arounds going into the 17-18 season . He had surgery and was out the entire off season. Guess what happened come big east play. Our sophomore point guard shot just under 40 percent. Nothing to write home about but I would take that out of any sophomore pg with q’s ability to get to the rim. Unfortunately for Q, misfortune struck again and he hurt his shooting shoulder this year. Yes, his shot selection at times is hard to cope with, but in order to get this team to tourney caliber, we NEED q to knock down outside shots, in order to take full advantage of his ability to dribble drive. Believe it or not, Mr Goodin is NOT a bad shooter. Ask anyone with real knowledge of his abilities. He’s dealing with some head issues because of that shoulder, but you beat that by watching a few go in. It will take some time, but he will find it. Keep shooting young man, keep shooting.
I agree his shoulder injury has something to do with his bad shooting, but what’s your point? If a QB hurts his shoulder, do you think he should just sling bombs, even if he throws 5 INTs? Does his injury give him a perpetual “Get out of Jail Free Card?” His injury makes his sot selection that much more perplexing. He did shoot well during BE play from 3 land last year. However, based on his historical numbers, I think that was an anomaly. I wish that wasn’t the case, but it was hardly a large sample size. He was a poor shooter in high school as well. Without looking, I would guess that he already has shot more treys this year than all of BE play last year. He is playing low IQ ball on offense, and his 3 point shot is his defender’s best friend. Until he shoots over 35%, he needs to limit his treys to 1 or 2 wide open step in shots per game, and only when they have a comfortable lead.

My point is exactly your response. Clearly, You have no idea what you are talking about, nor does anyone else who wants to harp on a YOUNG MAN who made some poor shot selections and then talk about his basketball IQ. Yes indeed sir, in order to get your confidence back and trust your shot in BASKETBALL, you need to make shots. As a coach, I’ve witnessed this “phenomenon” quite a few times. Yes, we need Q to find that confidence, because guess what happens when he starts making them and defenders have to respect his shot? You don’t know? Ask Tre and JP how much fun they had wide open as he drove to the basket. I probably don’t need to continue, but I have to ask. Who told you he was a poor shooter in high school?Wikipedia? Did you scout him in high school or is this based off an article you read online? I went to quite a few of his games, and I can assure he you, he was the best shooter on the court more times than not. Lastly, I probably don’t need to say it, but did you really just compare a 3 point shot to a football being flung through the air? You just questioned Goodin’s basketball IQ, and you lob that out there afterwards? Have you ever heard the story about apples and oranges? Go back to Wikipedia and study up before posting such absurdities.
First of all, Leonard,

The fact that you assume that letting Q shoot clanker after clanker until he “finds his shot”, despite his inability to consistently hit shots beyond 3 feet, will eventually part the lanes like they did for Tre and JP, is indicative of your illogical conclusion. Tre & JP were recruited as prolific shooters. The lanes were parted once they arrived on campus. Q was recruited as a slashing scorer. He was given 3 feet of space to shoot treys when he came to X. I suspect you misidentified Q with another player when you watched him play. It’s not uncommon. I remember watching Kenny Frease as a freshman, and confused him as another former post player for X, Obi Harris.

As an avid Muskie fan and Board Moderator, it was both my desire and obligation to find out what kind of recruit Q when he was being recruited by X. With all due respect, I value the assessment of people whose job it is to scout recruits more than a subjective fan, who apparently references Wikipedia to validate his assessment, versus Scout, Rivals, 247Sports, and other pseudo sources. I didn’t even realize Wikipedia rated cbb recruits. I wonder how they rate our incoming class for 19’?

Also, I never said Q should stop shooting. However, his poor shot selection throughout the Auburn game, particularly in consecutive possessions with two minutes left in the game, played a role in X not winning (where he was 3-19 from the field I believe). Do you agree? I respectfully think that was not the time to work out his shooting woes. Miami, once they reached a 15 point lead, would have been the time, though his 3 point shooting didn’t show any improvement.

BTW, the fact that you can’t grasp the applicability of comparing an injured player in two different sports speaks volumes. The common theme is an injury which impairs their ability to execute a shot, or pass. If it still doesn’t sink in after 5 seconds, please disregard the latter. I don’t want you to start bleeding uncontrollably from both ears.

Leonard, I hope to meet you at a game, or perhaps at one of Muskieman’s Stratego tournaments. I am eager to hear about the story of apples and oranges, though it will be hard pressed to beat the one about papayas and mangos. For the record, I'm still a big Q fan. I just wish he would emphasize an I befoe the Q.

Seacrest out.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 22245
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Miami Game Thread - 11-28-18

Postby muskieman » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:31 pm
muskieman wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:21 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:30 pm


T Steele has been less than impressive, but he has only coached 7 games. I don't think he called that shot. It was Goodin being his rouge, selfish self again. Steele's offense is eerily similar to Mack during the Tu-Lyon's tenure, where they basically dribbled around the perimeter for 25 seconds, then had someone chuck up a low percentge long three, or drive 3 on 1 in the lane. The team played great defense today, but I think the opponenet had somethimg to do with it. The offense was definitely better overall, except for the obligatory double digit low IQ shots, led by the ever delusional Goodin who still belives he channels Tre when shooting the ball.

Steele needs to have a "Come to Jesus" meeting with him soomer rather than later. Some of his tweets after the Maui tourney tells me he doesn't get the fan's critcism of his play.
I wonder what we would be saying had he made that shot!
The smart poster would have said,"Low IQ shot, but glad he made it."
I guess that means you wouldn't have said that then.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4904
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Miami Game Thread - 11-28-18

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:07 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:57 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:31 pm
muskieman wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:21 pm
I wonder what we would be saying had he made that shot!
The smart poster would have said,"Low IQ shot, but glad he made it."
I guess that means you wouldn't have said that then.
Mman,

First of all, I thank you for pointing out my sloppiness. As a Board Moderator, I should not be so lazy and should check the spelling and grammar of every post, particularly ones originating from a cell phone. However, as anybody who randomly peruses any of your posts discovers, each and every one is littered with spelling & grammatical errors. Case in point. After heeding your constructive criticism, I decided to do the same and simply looked at your last 3 posts. I’m no grammarian but believe I’ve uncovered a litany of errors in 3 random posts of yours that I looked at.

1.
not scoring in the last three minutes of half. They seemed to be satisfied with the three point shot and weak on the ball movement at times.


Errors present: Lack of capitalizing not, writing an incomplete sentence, and no hyphen between the words three and point.

2.
it kind of helps when you are surrounded by 7'3" and 6'10" big men. He get's good positioning but jumps about as high as AH.
Errors present: Lack of capitalizing it and improperly using get in a contracted form.

3.
I think you made another typo....you meant to say 2.4 inch, just like you. At 7'3" their is an advantage.... Coly never was never close to 7' much like you have never seen 5"2" unless you are wear pltform shoes.


Errors present: Writing inch instead of inches, incorrectly using the possessive form of the word their, instead of there, confusing the inches and feet symbols, and misspelling platform.

10 errors in 4 sentences. I didn’t believe it was possible, but then again I forgot you usually eat a Costco size bag of Cheetos and drink 8 ounces of transmission fluid before each post.

Unbelievably, I noticed an error in your hilarious signature line: There was a lack of quotation marks when quoting someone.

4
.Under signature. I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
I also must make a confession. After the Xavier game last week, when you and I headed to your man cave to spend the rest of the afternoon watching the “Home Alone” movie series, I snuck off to your study to go through the stack of mail you pilfer from coach Steele’s trash cans. However, I noticed a document on your desk and decided to take a gander. I saw that it was a dissertation from your Economics class years ago entitled, “How to Erase the National Debt.” Impressed by the complexity of the subject matter, I read the paper but was disappointed to read the last sentence. It stated as follows: “In conclusion, the fastest and most efficient way to erase the national debt is simply to print more money.”

I was also disheartened to read the comments by the professor which was written in bold red letters next to the F grade. They were as follows:


“Mr. Muskieman,

What you just read is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent paper, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to you read it.”

Regardless, you are still my mentor, and I am your numero uno fan.

Seacrest out.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 22245
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Miami Game Thread - 11-28-18

Postby muskieman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:06 pm

[/quote]
did I say you misspelled words? BTW the "did" was just to make you feel good and make you think you are a little superior. Also, taking a comment out of context makes it a pretext.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4904
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Miami Game Thread - 11-28-18

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:12 pm

did I say you misspelled words?
No, you didn't. That was a big leap on my part of assuming that. All you did was simply bold them. It was pure coincidence I'm sure. What was I thinking? For the record, what was your point then Sensei?
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 22245
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Miami Game Thread - 11-28-18

Postby muskieman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:07 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:07 pm

No, you didn't. That was a big leap on my part of assuming that. All you did was simply bold them. It was pure coincidence I'm sure. What was I thinking? For the record, what was your point then Sensei?
Look within
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests