Xavier Hill-Mais

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Lead Guitar
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
Contact:

Xavier Hill-Mais

Postby Lead Guitar » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:59 pm

No matter how many negative comments are posted about Oakland (I don't agree with most of them), they will do damage in the Horizon league and Xavier Hill-Mais is a player. Right hand, left hand, short jumper and 3-pointers-- he has the shots. Don't know his story and why he was not recruited by the bigger schools, but I would surely take him!

I noticed on their website that he is a redshirt junior. Could that mean he could possibly be a grad transfer next year? With Hankens gone and three freshman bigs, we could use a strong mature 4 or a backup to Jones. Tyrique and Xavier might be quite a pair.

Oakland plays Michigan State later this month. Would not be surprised to see Izzo go after him.
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6098
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm

Re: Xavier Hill-Mais

Postby Shadow » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:37 am

Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
skyhops
Posts: 2282
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier Hill-Mais

Postby skyhops » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:53 am

I agree 100%, he was a beast and until we finally realized to front him he would have had 40. Their PG did a great job of getting the ball to him in the right spots. I was at the game and I have to admit that Jones got hosed on a few calls that should have been charges based on what refs call this year.
longliveskip
Posts: 996
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier Hill-Mais

Postby longliveskip » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:03 am

i agree. dude is a PLAYER. made some tough shots at times as well. would love to have him, even for only a year.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 22245
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier Hill-Mais

Postby muskieman » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:24 am

longliveskip wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:03 am
i agree. dude is a PLAYER. made some tough shots at times as well. would love to have him, even for only a year.
I was thinking the same thing then I thought about some on here and how they would have taken shots at him because while he scored 30 he had 5 TOs and didn't pass the ball out when he was doubled to get any assists. He took 21 shots which means he took almost forty percent of the teams shots. Jones and Zach together had 18 rebounds while Jones had 11 himself. Together they had 22 points. I wonder what some would say to that and him not helping to get his teammates in the game?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
XavierRunningMan
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier Hill-Mais

Postby XavierRunningMan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:32 am

Grad Transfer Priority #1
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4904
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier Hill-Mais

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:27 am

muskieman wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:24 am
longliveskip wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:03 am
i agree. dude is a PLAYER. made some tough shots at times as well. would love to have him, even for only a year.
I was thinking the same thing then I thought about some on here and how they would have taken shots at him because while he scored 30 he had 5 TOs and didn't pass the ball out when he was doubled to get any assists. He took 21 shots which means he took almost forty percent of the teams shots. Jones and Zach together had 18 rebounds while Jones had 11 himself. Together they had 22 points. I wonder what some would say to that and him not helping to get his teammates in the game?
Mman

You really don't see the distinction? I don't know how he did statistically, as I didn't see most of the game (rare year when watching X bball is not must see TV, or attending), but if he took 21 shots and only made 6, most of which were shots which he isn't capable of making, there would be rightful criticism. Capiche?
bmuskies
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier Hill-Mais

Postby bmuskies » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Lead Guitar wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:59 pm
No matter how many negative comments are posted about Oakland (I don't agree with most of them), they will do damage in the Horizon league and Xavier Hill-Mais is a player. Right hand, left hand, short jumper and 3-pointers-- he has the shots. Don't know his story and why he was not recruited by the bigger schools, but I would surely take him!

I noticed on their website that he is a redshirt junior. Could that mean he could possibly be a grad transfer next year? With Hankens gone and three freshman bigs, we could use a strong mature 4 or a backup to Jones. Tyrique and Xavier might be quite a pair.

Oakland plays Michigan State later this month. Would not be surprised to see Izzo go after him.
And plus his name is Xavier. Another Xavier I would love to have Is Xavier Johnson from Pittsburgh
skyhops
Posts: 2282
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier Hill-Mais

Postby skyhops » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:39 pm

I'd like to have Xavier McDaniel or any Xavier that can shoot.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests