Tyrique

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
teek

Tyrique

Postby teek » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Anyone know what Tyrique’s condition is?
edgecliff hall

Re: Tyrique

Postby edgecliff hall » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:43 am

Second that.
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:26 pm

According to team Drs Scruggs and Marshall,he's fine. :lol: If he's out Saturday,we are screwed
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:43 pm

Thanks, bluegrass.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:01 pm

I heard he was on concussion protocol and not available for the UC game. That's too bad because he has really been working hard and is a tough matchup for UC.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:34 pm

Have a daughter on campus as an undergraduate- she is hearing the same.
Out for Sat. That sucks but not much anyone can do. Concussion protocol is impossible to override these days, and for good reason
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:20 pm

X will have to mix in a lot of zone to keep guys out of foul trouble, particularly Hankins, and play Marshall at the 4. They'd have to do it w/wo Jones' injury because they are not very good with their half-court defense. I think they'll try and speed up the game to steal as many quick baskets as possible because they turn the ball over way too much with their half-court offense, with even a more limited post threat than normal. X's best offense is scoring off the break anyway.

The only Mick does well is coach defense, but his one sweet sixteen appearance in 12 or 13 years of coaching speaks volumes. He is the Marvin Lewis of cbb. Hoe he has been able to keep a job in Clifton is beyond me. He's lucky he has loads of charm and good looks.

Neither team is very good but Jones' injury gives UC a decided advantage. If X limits turnovers, rebounds the ball, stays out of foul trouble, and makes UC beat them with the outside shot, they have a chance.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:26 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:20 pm
X will have to mix in a lot of zone to keep guys out of foul trouble, particularly Hankins, and play Marshall at the 4. They'd have to do it w/wo Jones' injury because they are not very good with their half-court defense. I think they'll try and speed up the game to steal as many quick baskets as possible because they turn the ball over way too much with their half-court offense, with even a more limited post threat than normal. X's best offense is scoring off the break anyway.

The only Mick does well is coach defense, but his one sweet sixteen appearance in 12 or 13 years of coaching speaks volumes. He is the Marvin Lewis of cbb. Hoe he has been able to keep a job in Clifton is beyond me. He's lucky he has loads of charm and good looks.

Neither team is very good but Jones' injury gives UC a decided advantage. If X limits turnovers, rebounds the ball, stays out of foul trouble, and makes UC beat them with the outside shot, they have a chance.
It's UC's Superbowl. Lord knows it isn't the tourney because they never have to pack more than 2 days of clothes. I just hope no one on X has the audacity to have a good game, or a 5'4" pathological liar (according to the UNLV Athletic Director and a CBS reporter) will make a futile attempt to fight him, assuming Mick can escape the grip of the 11-year-old girl holding him back.
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:08 am

I'd play zone and see if UC can beat us shooting 3s.If they do,good for them.I don't think Hankins has played more than 25 minutes in a game this year. He will have to play the game of his life for us to have a chance.Even Mick probably can't screw this up.Of course I thought this would be the year Harbaugh finally beat OSU :D . Anyone know if Goodin is back to practice?
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:53 am

Tyrique was not likely going to put up 15 points against UC-he just isn't that kind of offensive player against decent defensive teams. Where this really hurts is the fouls. Hankins has to stay out of foul trouble which means UCs bigs who aren't that good will be much better since X has to be careful how to defend. Many years ago, I believe Chaney played a box and one on Sato. I would consider doing the same with Cumberland just to have him shadowed all game. It is rarely played at this level but when a team really only has one strong offensive player, that may slow down UCs offense even more. Even against a zone, they will find shots for their stars. A box and one would at least see if UCs 4 can beat X's four. Didn't like X's chances before Jones and really not liking it now. Need an out of body shooting experience from several to have a chance.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”