Naji and Jones news

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Naji and Jones news

Postby muskieman » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:20 pm

Out for the game tonight against Detroit-mercy
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Re: Naji and Jones news

Postby muskieman » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:59 pm

update from Shannon: "Marshall hurt his back at Mizzou and missed practice yesterday. Tyrique was fine initially at practice - there was a spectacular moment when he went up against assistant coach Jonas Hayes in an offensive rebounding drill and Hayes won and carried Tyrique on his back - but he smacked heads with Zach Hankins in a later drill and sat out the rest of the session nursing another head injury."
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:07 pm

Why wasn't Naji on the bench? Lends credence to anti homer post about this not being about an injury but an attitude problem
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:51 pm

Heard there is more to it as well. Naji A's effort has not been good this year
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:06 pm

The color announcer said that the saw Naji at practice the day before and he was fine. Another poster said that Naji was out early before the game dunking the ball. Steele said, after the game on the radio, that Jones did NOT have a concussion, but that the doc had recommended he be held out.

Time for a Congressional investigation? :mrgreen:

If it’s actually true that they were held out because of injury, I’m hoping they will come back from the break totally healed. If it was a “time out” for an attitude adjustment, I hope they come back with better attitudes.
#WHYNOTX?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:04 pm

kyzrex wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:06 pm
The color announcer said that the saw Naji at practice the day before and he was fine. Another poster said that Naji was out early before the game dunking the ball. Steele said, after the game on the radio, that Jones did NOT have a concussion, but that the doc had recommended he be held out.

Time for a Congressional investigation? :mrgreen:

If it’s actually true that they were held out because of injury, I’m hoping they will come back from the break totally healed. If it was a “time out” for an attitude adjustment, I hope they come back with better attitudes.
the announcer was full of crap. Naji has had a sore back for a few games and probably should have been out for a few games. Jones hit his head a couple of time one in a game and once in practice. So the last thing you want to have is someone suffering from this problem exposed to excessive noise and light situations which can exacerbate (for AH that means make a problem, bad situation, or negative feeling worse) the problem. It is to be hoped that the days off will get them both back feeling better.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”