Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:08 pm

mumuskie87 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:03 pm
Jones is 2-7 from the line
I would foul him all day long and put him on the line
0-7 from 3
8 TO's and only 2 assists
Fortunate to be down only 9
Let's see what Steele and his staff come up with 2nd half adjustments.
Oh yea don't want to use the term "adjustments" and show ignorance
I for one don't understand why they can't work to get Welage some looks from 3 along with Scruggs
And frankly Castlin really provides nothing
I thought he might be a Malcom Bernard like player but hasn't provided much if anything offensively
I love Jone's effort, but if he can't make a free throw, to your point, I too would foul him on every shot, as X should have done with Happ when down by 10, but inexplicably did not.
muskieman

Re: Muskies at Marquette

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:11 pm

Watching this I expected X to be down a lot more at half but TS's insertion of Hardin and KK helped stop the gushing of blood. D has been decent, free throws terrible and terrible 3 point shooting, (well let's just say something good of a 0-7 shooting...they could have taken more of them) Marquette is 6-17 and have only taken 31 total shots. Q, Castlin and Naji look like hands of stone but X has only 8 TOs. Surprising Marquette has only three players scoring and one has 14 from a player that averages 6.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:14 pm

Q is not a PG, so let’s move on. If you can’t shoot you can’t win. Caislin and Kennedy don’t provide much
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:14 pm

X is playing great D. Castin is a great kid, but would struggle to start when X played in the MCC. X has 26 points in 23 minutes, yet Welage can't find the floor. Has Goodin hit the rim or backboard on any of his shots yet?
XavierBob

Postby XavierBob » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:21 pm

I have to agree with Skyhops, you have to be able to shoot the ball. This team lacks shooters big time, I know I’m stating the obvious. Our d hasn’t been horrible but when you struggle to score like this group does every mistake is magnified tenfold. We all know it is going to be a long year, hoping for a brighter future.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:27 pm

If those Hauser kids are related to Artie Hauser ( he was from WI ), I'd sure like to know why Mack didn't offer them a spot at X.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:28 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:14 pm
X is playing great D. Castin is a great kid, but would struggle to start when X played in the MCC. X has 26 points in 23 minutes, yet Welage can't find the floor. Has Goodin hit the rim or backboard on any of his shots yet?
wondering if he forgot his contacts or has he joined the bricklayers union. 2 points in 8 minutes tough to win games that way
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:30 pm

XavierBob wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:21 pm
I have to agree with Skyhops, you have to be able to shoot the ball. This team lacks shooters big time, I know I’m stating the obvious. Our d hasn’t been horrible but when you struggle to score like this group does every mistake is magnified tenfold. We all know it is going to be a long year, hoping for a brighter future.
When you only score 2 points in the 1st 8 min of the 2h it doesn't matter how good your defense is. Just not going to win many games doing that
Yes. Hoping for a brighter future
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:34 pm

Goodin has played very little relative to his normal p.t. Kudos to Coach Steele for sending a message. Marshall is missing a lot of shots, but I have no problem with him missing downhill labs and short jumpers.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:40 pm

has X ever not scored a three point shot in a game since the line was created?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”