Hankins and Jones Together?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
longliveskip

Re: Hankins and Jones Together?

Postby longliveskip » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:00 am

skyhops wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:04 am
Davenport I remember was pretty productive his first few years at X but I will agree the Raymond did not do much his freshman year, but those teams were talented. Losing Gates due to Mack really hurts since we are basically playing with 2 limited bigs. Still can’t believe that James can’t see the floor on our worst team in 20 years. Nova lost 4 draft picks and have not lost in conference. We could go from first to last.
and i think our 2012-2013 team could go 15 rounds with this team on worst in last 20 years. it would be an epic "mediocre" battle.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:44 am

longliveskip wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:42 am
skyhops wrote:
Davenport I remember was pretty productive his first few years at X but I will agree the Raymond did not do much his freshman year, but those teams were talented. Losing Gates due to Mack really hurts since we are basically playing with 2 limited bigs. Still can’t believe that James can’t see the floor on our worst team in 20 years. Nova lost 4 draft picks and have not lost in conference. We could go from first to last.
still not quite sure how, if Gates didn't like Mack, and knew he had one foot out the door, how it's Mack's fault that Gates left? If Gates knew Mack was going to be gone that would surely give him MORE incentive to stay. but hey, once again, something else that we can just blame Mack for, I guess.

after each loss we can basically just blame Mack and move on.
Skip you are clearly a huge fan of mack so will trend lightly as to not offend. I personally am not close enough to the program to know why Gates left. However, I would blame Mack for the fact that he would have been the only senior. That coupled with the recruiting class this year is on Mack. the Sr and Fr class this year are non-existent and that is on the recruiting efforts (or lack thereof) on the head coach.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:27 am

This years class would not seem much action for NKu let alone Xavier. Hardin will be gone after this year as could James which will only hurt depth. The incoming class seems solid but we are still stuck with Q at point and Jones in the middle and not much shooting
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:42 am

X-Expert wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:44 am
longliveskip wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:42 am
skyhops wrote:
still not quite sure how, if Gates didn't like Mack, and knew he had one foot out the door, how it's Mack's fault that Gates left? If Gates knew Mack was going to be gone that would surely give him MORE incentive to stay. but hey, once again, something else that we can just blame Mack for, I guess.

after each loss we can basically just blame Mack and move on.
Skip you are clearly a huge fan of mack so will trend lightly as to not offend. I personally am not close enough to the program to know why Gates left. However, I would blame Mack for the fact that he would have been the only senior. That coupled with the recruiting class this year is on Mack. the Sr and Fr class this year are non-existent and that is on the recruiting efforts (or lack thereof) on the head coach.
not much in life offends me, so don't worry about that. just trying to figure out why Gates did leave. what/who were his original class coming in that's not here anymore? just can't remember.

i mean, we've had some classes that have stunk in the past (Mack had a few of those, even in our good years, where a class just didn't pan out).
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:47 pm

Either we are very lazy rebounding and on transition defense or just bad
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:43 pm

well it worked tonight!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:05 am

Just one game but they did much better than I thought together. Played more of an NBA offense with both on the post. However, when hankins got the ball at top of key to look down low, it was never open because they laid off him. would like to see them together but only when playing zone D.

One thing with Goodin out, there was definitely better shot selection.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”