Georgetown game 1/9/19

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
mumuskie87
Posts: 11656
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Georgetown game 1/9/19

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:30 pm

Good win boys
X outscores GT 48 to 28 in the paint.
Difference in the game
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
mumuskie87
Posts: 11656
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Georgetown game 1/9/19

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:33 pm

X needs to keep playing their version of the 'twin towers"
They are 29th in the country in 2 point FG % vs. being 232nd in the country in 3 point FG %
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 22345
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Georgetown game 1/9/19

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:39 pm

when was the last time a X team had 4 turnovers? Paul deserves a lot of credit
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
mumuskie87
Posts: 11656
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Georgetown game 1/9/19

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:57 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:39 pm
when was the last time a X team had 4 turnovers? Paul deserves a lot of credit
They had only 3 against Miami earlier this year.
But agree - nice game for Scruggs. And Marshall only had 1 TO.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6119
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm

Re: Georgetown game 1/9/19

Postby Shadow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:58 pm

Is Q worried now worried about starting? Just asking.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
mumuskie87
Posts: 11656
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Georgetown game 1/9/19

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:03 pm

Shadow wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:58 pm
Is Q worried now worried about starting? Just asking.
Don't know...might be good for him to come off the bench.
But they have Baldwin this weekend.
Would love to see Q become a 18-19 version of Stanley Burrell.
Focus on shutting down opponents top guard, distribute the ball and shoot minimally
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4982
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Georgetown game 1/9/19

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:28 pm

Q has nothing to worry about, nor should he. No question he has been an offensive liability often this year, but when he plays like a point guard and not a shooting specialist, he is a top 3 pg in this league. He usually plays very good defense as well. One can win hitting only 3 treys when the other team makes 10, when you only take 13 attempts. The 4 turnovers were very impressive as well.

This was the most complete game X played. Even if they lost, there would be little to complain about, though I'm sure someone sadly would. X took very few bad shots, played good D after the 1st five minutes, and were clutch from the free throw line. If you looked at GTown's line only, you'd think they won the game. Nice to have X win the game, as opposed to the opponent losing. Hopefully, some naysayers on this board will give Coach Steele credit for his management of the game.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4982
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Georgetown game 1/9/19

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:35 pm

Harden is also now a hair below 40% from 3 point range. Time to give him more run.
skyking
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Georgetown game 1/9/19

Postby skyking » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:35 pm
Harden is also now a hair below 40% from 3 point range. Time to give him more run.
Agree. Give him more time.
mumuskie87
Posts: 11656
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Georgetown game 1/9/19

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:39 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:28 pm
Q has nothing to worry about, nor should he. No question he has been an offensive liability often this year, but when he plays like a point guard and not a shooting specialist, he is a top 3 pg in this league. He usually plays very good defense as well. One can win hitting only 3 treys when the other team makes 10, when you only take 13 attempts. The 4 turnovers were very impressive as well.

This was the most complete game X played. Even if they lost, there would be little to complain about, though I'm sure someone sadly would. X took very few bad shots, played good D after the 1st five minutes, and were clutch from the free throw line. If you looked at GTown's line only, you'd think they won the game. Nice to have X win the game, as opposed to the opponent losing. Hopefully, some naysayers on this board will give Coach Steele credit for his management of the game.
Certainly Steele's "adjustment" to the 2-3 zone was a turning point. The "Big Fella" for GT did not have an answer and GT also went 4 for 21 from 3 after starting 6 for 6. Nice bonus of Hardin making a couple of 3 balls.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests