Saints robbed!!

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Pierre Dracot

Re: Saints robbed!!

Postby Pierre Dracot » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Someone estimated that the referees missed calls against the Saints that should have amounted to 110 yards in penalties. One missed penalty, on a Rams drive, meant that they had to settle for a field goal instead of a touchdown.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:13 pm

muskieman wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:19 pm
As many here say the refs don't decide the games
Mman,

As usual, I agree with you. How many calls, particularly holdings on both sides of the ball, are missed because the cameras are not fixated on them, and the action was the opposite side of the field? I rememebr my son and I went to a Bengal Charger playoff game four years ago or so, and on a critical third down, one of our safeties practically jumped on Antonio Gate’s back, and it wasn’t called. SD didn’t get a first down.

SD ended up winning because they were playing the Bengals, but if they had lost, would that have cost SD the game? Me thinks not, because for every play refs blow, there are probably 10 they missed, because it’s impossible to watch every player on every play. It only becomes magnified when it happens in the last few minutes of the game.

I don’t believe any game was definitively won or lost based on the refs. That includes Justin Cage getting mauled at OSU. The only exception was when my son’s team lost a high school regional matchup at Cintas no less, because the refs didn’t call fouls on every shot my son missed. His team lost by 8. That game was definitely lost due to bias and incompetence.

Regardless, Sean Peyton is a wrench anyway, so I ain’t crying no tears.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:18 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:13 pm
Louisville and Mack ranked in the top 25 this week...could not help it ..lol had to post it. I thought this post was the could not help it had to post it site . lol

Like him or not, CM is doing a great job at L-Ville. They are a legit E-8 team, if not further with fortuitous matchups. BTW, you need to insert "lol" in more posts. Makes them more fun to read.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:39 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:18 pm
Xavier2005 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:13 pm
Louisville and Mack ranked in the top 25 this week...could not help it ..lol had to post it. I thought this post was the could not help it had to post it site . lol

Like him or not, CM is doing a great job at L-Ville. They are a legit E-8 team, if not further with fortuitous matchups. BTW, you need to insert "lol" in more posts. Makes them more fun to read.
lonely old lady?
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:54 pm

Based on this conversation, if I hear/read one thing negative on Musketeermadness.com about officiating !!! Suppose its the last 10 seconds of the final four and a call goes against us to cost us the game to be national champs....wanna see if y'all have the same stand up position??? LOL

I
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:13 pm
muskieman wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:19 pm
As many here say the refs don't decide the games
Mman,

As usual, I agree with you. How many calls, particularly holdings on both sides of the ball, are missed because the cameras are not fixated on them, and the action was the opposite side of the field? I rememebr my son and I went to a Bengal Charger playoff game four years ago or so, and on a critical third down, one of our safeties practically jumped on Antonio Gate’s back, and it wasn’t called. SD didn’t get a first down.

SD ended up winning because they were playing the Bengals, but if they had lost, would that have cost SD the game? Me thinks not, because for every play refs blow, there are probably 10 they missed, because it’s impossible to watch every player on every play. It only becomes magnified when it happens in the last few minutes of the game.

I don’t believe any game was definitively won or lost based on the refs. That includes Justin Cage getting mauled at OSU. The only exception was when my son’s team lost a high school regional matchup at Cintas no less, because the refs didn’t call fouls on every shot my son missed. His team lost by 8. That game was definitely lost due to bias and incompetence.

Regardless, Sean Peyton is a wrench anyway, so I ain’t crying no tears.
Yea, you understood my post....right!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
TheX-Man

Postby TheX-Man » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:51 am

joeabe wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:01 am
I can/t help it, had to post it....Possibly worst call in NFL history!!!
WTF does this have to do with Xavier basketball?
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:01 pm

X Man, what a pain in the ass you are.... because of people like you this board has only like 5 people posting. Negative I cannot take....you are loaded with it !!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”