Covington Catholic (CC)

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Covington Catholic (CC)

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:46 pm

AH is apolitical as far as this board which I'm privileged to co-moderate is concerned, but I recognize that all the posters view me as being the objective, steadying voice on this forum. Thank you by the way. Therefore, I feel compelled to make a brief statement about what transpired, as I don't think this is a political issue, even though zealots on both sides of the aisle will try and manipulate it to their blind allegiances.

I stand with the boys of CC. It sadly reminds me of the Duke Lacrosse incident a decade+ ago. Neither race nor religion affects my position. Hate groups and those wanting 15 minutes of fame using innocent kids as a pawn does. The irony is a tear trickled down my cheek as I posted this, similar to that Indian in the commercial I saw as a kid when someone threw garbage at his feet.

AH out.
thecoach

Re: Covington Catholic (CC)

Postby thecoach » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:05 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:46 pm
AH is apolitical as far as this board which I'm privileged to co-moderate is concerned, but I recognize that all the posters view me as being the objective, steadying voice on this forum. Thank you by the way. Therefore, I feel compelled to make a brief statement about what transpired, as I don't think this is a political issue, even though zealots on both sides of the aisle will try and manipulate it to their blind allegiances.

I stand with the boys of CC. It sadly reminds me of the Duke Lacrosse incident a decade+ ago. Neither race nor religion affects my position. Hate groups and those wanting 15 minutes of fame using innocent kids as a pawn does. The irony is a tear trickled down my cheek as I posted this, similar to that Indian in the commercial I saw as a kid when someone threw garbage at his feet.

AH out.
+1
scoscox

Postby scoscox » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:45 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:46 pm
AH is apolitical as far as this board which I'm privileged to co-moderate is concerned, but I recognize that all the posters view me as being the objective, steadying voice on this forum. Thank you by the way.
You're welcome
ChitownSteve

Postby ChitownSteve » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:53 am

After someone posts +1, is it permitted to post +2?
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:50 am

ChitownSteve wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:53 am
After someone posts +1, is it permitted to post +2?
yes.

+3
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:46 am

+4
to add: Dangerous times ahead. Do not get lost in the day-to-day madness. Notice instead the trends and the acceleration of the amount of hostility, and in many cases, the actual physical violence that is being tolerated. (tolerated if you are on the 'correct' side of the zeitgeist) The human mind, IMHO, was never meant to have access to not only instant endless data from all corners of the globe, but also instant looping reactionary feedbac k and the ability to instantly insert yourself into the fray via social media. We are about to see what happens to a society that has conquered all the past challenges that a society once feared. Such as food, clothing, shelter and ample means of education and entertainment. In the past, this has led to decadence, decay and a collective immolation from within. Sadly, history tells us that once started, this trend is hard to stop as no one believes that "they" are part of the problem. It usually can only manifest itself during at the very least a 4th generation after a horrific large scale threat. We are in that 4th generation after WW2 and The Depression. The younger crowd taking the reigns in society now not only have never faced a large scale existential crisis, but they also grew up in families where their parents had only heard about such dangers, not experienced them. Dangers of complacency and an overall lack of understanding just how rare, precious & tenuous a prosperous & stable society is.
In short, you ain't seen nothing yet. Certainly this is an off-topic thread. But most of us studied at our beloved Xavier and trained our minds among some of the professors and Jesuits that challenged us. Many folks have various hobbies and one of my faves is to read as much about the intersection of global politics & economics through the lens of history.
Maybe I need a new hobby.... That said, let's go kick some Friar ass. ;-)
SC in DC

Postby SC in DC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:53 am

bubba senior

Postby bubba senior » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:32 pm

The Covington Catholic students and parents behaved great after being targeted by liberal mop...just as Nancy and Maxine instruct them to do. Marching for life is certainly social justice at it's best. Wearing a maga hat is certainly not racist...it is a mission statement all politicians,Democrat and Republicans, should embrace by voting for legislation that make America safe,free and still the land of opportunity for all American citizens...goX!!
XU80

Postby XU80 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Add me to the list that Stands for the Covington Catholic boys that were verbally abused/assaulted by the Hebrew Israel Hate Group.

I just hope the principle of Covington Catholic and the Dioceses stand for the Boys too. I heard both knee jerked early, not sure if they have retracted their earlier statements including expulsion threats. Another example of how bad social media can be.... and how quick to judgement the establishment media can be duped. When will they learn they are killing journalism.....
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:46 pm

Quoting Dickens:
“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

Unfortunately (a)social media is tearing this country apart at the seams. I'm at my twilight and have lived in the best times this country has ever seen, I feel sorry for those that have taken a bite from the apple and regret the life ahead for my descendants

Adding a further quote from http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/ro ... e_01.shtml
“The central Roman state collapsed because the migrants forcibly stripped it of the tax base “
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”