Covington Catholic (CC)

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
edgecliff hall

Re: Covington Catholic (CC)

Postby edgecliff hall » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:07 pm

Thanks Shadow for the most interesting coverage of Post Roman History. A major state must not go broke.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Shadow wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:46 pm
“The central Roman state collapsed because the migrants forcibly stripped it of the tax base “
Not to worry - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will help recover it with moving the tax rate to 70%. :roll:
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
JKC74

Postby JKC74 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:49 pm

The actions of the Covington Diocese is disgraceful. I guess they feel the need to serve up their own students rather than be confused by the facts. The New Left loves "Free Speech" but I'm wondering just whose free speech are we talking about. Even the publisher of JESUIT run America magazine weighed in about the CC kids and made a fool of himself along countless so called celebrities. We are headed down the path to becoming the new CUBA! Notre Dame Univ. should be stripped of its Catholic identity for their spineless actions regarding their art collection from the time of Columbus. This is the third time under their current administration they allowed outrageous action: 1. Having pro-life demonstrators arrested on their campus
2. Barring Pres Trump from speaking (every past president in recent years Addressed the graduates) 3. Covering historical murals. I'm really tired of these so-called leaders in the Church and their lust to satisfy political expediency.
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:42 pm

I say "Amen" to all the above quotes!! I agree ND has spit the bit when it comes to defending anything from our past.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:10 pm

JKC74 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:49 pm
The actions of the Covington Diocese is disgraceful. I guess they feel the need to serve up their own students rather than be confused by the facts. The New Left loves "Free Speech" but I'm wondering just whose free speech are we talking about. Even the publisher of JESUIT run America magazine weighed in about the CC kids and made a fool of himself along countless so called celebrities. We are headed down the path to becoming the new CUBA! Notre Dame Univ. should be stripped of its Catholic identity for their spineless actions regarding their art collection from the time of Columbus. This is the third time under their current administration they allowed outrageous action: 1. Having pro-life demonstrators arrested on their campus
2. Barring Pres Trump from speaking (every past president in recent years Addressed the graduates) 3. Covering historical murals. I'm really tired of these so-called leaders in the Church and their lust to satisfy political expediency.
Stephen T Badin is rolling in his grave
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”