We took a step back tonight

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
XU80

We took a step back tonight

Postby XU80 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:42 pm

Despite down 10 with 3:29 to play, we had three changes to tie or win the game in the last :30 seconds. 2 Tos and one missed shot. Press sped up the game and we cut it to two but for some reason, instead of playing team basketball we tried to be individual heroes.

Also, near impossible to win a game when your two guards turn it over 11 times combined. Goodin, 6 points, 0 assists and 6 turnovers. Q you got to relax and play and stop forcing every pass.

I love the fight this team has but the tape session is going to be painful to watch.....
bluegrass

Re: We took a step back tonight

Postby bluegrass » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:39 am

This was one we needed if we wanted to have any chance at salvaging the league record.Why is Naji handling the ball in that situation? He is not a good ball handler.Then again neither Paul or Q were either last night.I love Paul running the show.I wonder if it can work with he and Q in together.Q looks lost in his role.
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:37 am

if they had one step out of a grave...both feet are now back inside....they just do not play well together and they find it difficult to impossible to score well. 60s not going to win many games.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:46 am

Yup... our offense is Fugly. Naji needs to take ball handling lessons in his spare time with good ole Stan Kimbrough.
I did not think we had much of a chance to finish .500 or above in BE and last night sealed that. But, we are fans and we are loyal and we know these young men and the coaches are working hard. So that is respected and appreciated.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:59 am

Someone needs to tell Marshall once again he is not a guard. He has a terrible handle and is our worst 3 point shooter yet he has to continue to dribble off his foot do the ridiculous AAU spin move that only works on the and one tour and take off balance drives that don’t result in fouls because the same officials see it game in and game out. Lacking a true Pg guard hurts, so it is up to Scruggs since has turned into Alvin Brown.
lionelchalmers0

Postby lionelchalmers0 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:15 pm

Agreed.

I remember muttering to my wife last year about how Naji was great but tried to go too fast on drives like many freshman do that are getting used to the speed of the college game.

But here we are 2/3 of the way through his sophomore season and he does the same stuff multiple times a game.

He has a ton of potential but I fear he may go down as one of the most frustrating Xavier players ever.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”