Steele and the T

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-lucidity

Re: Steele and the T

Postby X-lucidity » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:56 am

well I seem to have become Muskieman's new 'baby seal' de jour... I make a simple statement of opinion, and MM must counter. So MM, in "your" opinion, Kennedy and Hardin are not capable of playing even 3 minutes total between both of them per game eh? Even if, as I tried so very hard to reference even for those incapable of rational logic, that means 40 seconds here or a minute there just prior to a TV timeout. So that Marshall or Scruggs can get an extra blow. Many coaches with a short bench employ this strategy as I hope you are aware. Heck, maybe that particular 40 second stint at the 4:35 mark late in the first half was when Naji was going to try one of his circus 360 spin fade-aways that clank off the back rim anyway. However, this just might allows him to be that much fresher at the 5 min mark of the 2nd half. Gee, what a concept. I also like how MM loves to copy and paste my prior entry. (as if we would not know what he was talking about had he simply added a blurb about how he thought these two players were incapable of splitting 3 min per game. Heck MM, I appreciate that opinion and respect your take and wisdom. But just exactly what is that definition of insanity again??? Oh yes, doing the same thing over and over yet expecting - - - . Well, you get the drift. You seem to be the emperor of this site my man so I will defer to your last word on this subject. (which I'm sure will be forthcoming pretty darn quick if history is any guide). I enjoy reading your insights and takes MM. We are all X fans and most are alums grinding through a challenging season. - But I would be looking for some way to avoid playing our key talent more than 36 min a game. Capiche....?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:58 pm

WOW how thin skinned "we" are. Good thing the weather is cold. I was responing to your comment about then not being ready because it is more than that. SOrry it didn't make your day or shooth your ego.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:49 pm

what's say we ponder solutions MM. I agree hardin and kennedy are a notch below the preferred sub standard. But when given lemons, somehow you must make lemonade. Give me your take, would you sprinkle them in a bit more, especially just prior to a known TV T/O interval once in a while, or would you continue to beat the dead horses 38 minutes a game..? How about we talk proactive theories as opposed to areas of minor disagreement

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”