Q's form

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
gym from delhi

Q's form

Postby gym from delhi » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:33 am

Anyone still wondering why Q can't shoot need look no further than his pic in today's print Enquirer (I know, several of us are stupid enough to still subscribe). His elbow is bent awkwardly and his hand placement on the ball is also incorrect. Why no one ever corrected his form remains a mystery to me.
skyhops

Re: Q's form

Postby skyhops » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:14 pm

I saw that pic as well and now u can tell why his ball spins the way it does and why you have no idea where the rebound will fall. Too late now and he probably won’t listen.
muskyfisherman

Postby muskyfisherman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:41 am

This happens to many players in today's game. They are super successful slashers in HS and AAU...they get to the rim at will so they never develop proper shooting technique. Then all of the sudden you are in college where everyone is quick and the path to the rim is hard. Oddly I see the same thing from WIlliamson at Duke. He is explosive but has no real outside shot. At 6'7 he better be able to shoot in the NBA or he will just be a role player. Just go watch a high school game and see all of the terrible shot form and footwork etc...Not sure what these coaches are doing for 2 hours every day. When I was coaching we worked at least 30 minutes a day on fundamentals...gottta have the building blocks!
yellow20xd

Postby yellow20xd » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:41 am

Quick call Coach Steele and suggest he hire a shooting coach/ video coordinator to catch these overlooked techniques... Dan 8-)
“Wins go on the mantle. Loses go in your soul."
muskyfisherman

Postby muskyfisherman » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:13 am

I was never suggesting that Coach Steele doesn't have all the proper tools at his disposal. My comment was more directed at youth and HS coaches...Teach the skills and fundamentals! By the time a player reaches college, he/she should already have the skills!
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:38 pm

gym from delhi wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:33 am
Anyone still wondering why Q can't shoot need look no further than his pic in today's print Enquirer (I know, several of us are stupid enough to still subscribe). His elbow is bent awkwardly and his hand placement on the ball is also incorrect. Why no one ever corrected his form remains a mystery to me.
Noticed the same thing.You would think the Steph Curry influence on the game would get guys to have better form.I'll take shooters over the athletic driving scorers everyday. Can't say Welage has very good form either.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”