Recruiting thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
XavierRunningMan

Recruiting thread

Postby XavierRunningMan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:45 am

Not sure if this would be possible, but I’d love to see a recruiting forum. I try to stay up to date, but it can be difficult finding updated info on 24/7, espn, rivals & tweets. I’m sure many fans don’t “geek out” over this stuff like I do, but I’m sure there are a few other die hards out there!

Just a thought 🤞🏼
Shadow

Re: Suggested Forum - Recruiting

Postby Shadow » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:56 am

Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:55 am

X is looking at a kid named Sean McNeil from JUCO Sinclair Community College in Dayton. he is a sharp shooter and has offers from Dayton, Toledo, and Evansville. He visited Cintas during the game vs Detroit. Not sure if X offered. Some high majors were starting to get into the mix. He was going to make his decision Jan/Feb timeframe. If anyone knows anything about his recruiting, please post. You never know how Jucos translate into D-1 but X needs a shooter badly.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:18 pm

Zach Harvey: Dez Wells or Eddie Eyikor redux?

https://www.cjonline.com/sports/2018062 ... 7-incident
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:28 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:18 pm
Zach Harvey: Dez Wells or Eddie Eyikor redux?

https://www.cjonline.com/sports/2018062 ... 7-incident
AH is all for giving 2nd chances, and isn't saying definitively that X shouldn't recruit this guy, but considering some recent history regarding some bad apples and the aftermath, this guy should be vetted really well. Then revetted again.....and revetted one more time. Believe me, it would still pale in comparison to the due diligence Shadow, MMan, and the others did on me before approving me as a Mod.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:19 am

AH, you have given MM many second chances. I’m going to give Q a second chance as well.
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:45 am

X obviously has a new coach. The NCAA "this year' has Xavier ranked 108th in the RPI and X's stats are definitely below average. So you are a recruit...do you want to come to this basketball program??? The only reason to come now is that you might be able to be a "starter" because the starting unit is at average to below average. X was on a roll with CM, now X is half way down the ladder....not even near the top of the ladder. Definitely in a rebuilding mode all the way around.
XavierRunningMan

Postby XavierRunningMan » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:51 am

Haven’t heard anything on ZH since the visit.... anyone with the inside scoop? 👀
lionelchalmers0

Postby lionelchalmers0 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:13 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:45 am
X obviously has a new coach. The NCAA "this year' has Xavier ranked 108th in the RPI and X's stats are definitely below average. So you are a recruit...do you want to come to this basketball program??? The only reason to come now is that you might be able to be a "starter" because the starting unit is at average to below average. X was on a roll with CM, now X is half way down the ladder....not even near the top of the ladder. Definitely in a rebuilding mode all the way around.
Absolutely you would. It’s a perennially competitive program in a real city with a great arena that is filled to capacity every night. You’re in a power conference and play on national television pretty much every game. And like you said probably have an opportunity to earn minutes early and often.

So yes kids would want to play at Xavier. It’s a top 20-25 program based on all of that.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:06 pm

lionelchalmers0 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:13 pm
Xavier2005 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:45 am
Absolutely you would. It’s a perennially competitive program in a real city with a great arena that is filled to capacity every night. You’re in a power conference and play on national television pretty much every game. And like you said probably have an opportunity to earn minutes early and often.

So yes kids would want to play at Xavier. It’s a top 20-25 program based on all of that.
Uhh....Xavier2005 - let's turn to page 7 of your hymn book - the 18-19 Xavier media guide.
On that page, you will see that X has made the NCAA tournament in 19 of the last 25 years (not counting this year). Tied with Syracuse and UCLA.
Teams just behind them with 18,17 and 16 appearances- Florida, Oklahoma, IU, Maryland, Purdue, Nova, UConn, Oklahoma St.
Just ahead of X - Wisky, UC, the Zags, Az, Texas, UNC, Mich St, UK, Duke, Kansas.
X is in great company - among the blue bloods of college b/ball.
Just need to get to that last 2%.
The future is bright 8-)
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”